Lt. Commander
# 1 Life Time Subscribers perks
01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Ok, it is about 2 years since STO has gone live. And two years since it has offered Life time accounts. And here is what the page for Lifetime offers stand.

Taken from this page
http://www.startrekonline.com/lifetime

No subscription fee: Play without a monthly fee forever!
Free digital copy of the game: No need to purchase a retail key. It's included in your Lifetime purchase!
The Liberated Borg character species: Play as an escaped member of the Hivemind.
The Captain's Table - A special area restricted to lifetime subscribers and longtime STO veterans.
Exclusive costume option - An insignia available only to lifetime subscribers. Just visit a tailor in-game to add it to your current captain.
"Career Officer" title - Show off that you're committed to Starfleet or the KDF for the duration.
Two Additional Character Slots - Useable for Klingon or Federation characters.
Forum goodies - Change the color of your username and show off a special title.
More on the way!

Please note the *MORE ON THE WAY*

What I would like to See is for Life time Subscribers would be, Liberated Borg character of all the races we have access two, either standard, or bought by C-store. They would have the SAME Traits of the /stock/ Liberated Character, but you can play any race escaped of the HIVE.

Adding a Special Account Wide Bank Accessible only to LTS from the Captian's Table. A Bank that allows us to Put Unbound items from one character into the bank, Deposit Energy Credits, Even Our Dilithium Reserves. So we can transfer from one character to another with out issue. Perhaps KEY it so that in order to access it you have to have the "Career Officer" Title active.

Maybe NO Charge at all for changing your uniform design, Or ship design. So that as Long as you have the Career officer Title up you can customize the look of your ship, and character, Even Bridge officers free of charge.

Maybe when you start a character instead of just TWO costume slots they Get FOUR, not including the the Fleet uniform slot you get opened when you join the fleet?

Alright these are just a couple of my ideas I think would FLY. If Those who are LTS have their own design That do not effect the over all GAMEPLAY... NO unique Ships, Weapons, armor, shields ECT. But just effect the Cosmetics of the game like looks, appearance. Please suggest your own ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2012, 12:41 AM

There are TWO groups; subscribers and non-subscribers. Making multiple "tiers" of subscribers is just bad! There was too much of this talk right after F2P was announced and all it did was divide the community.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2012, 12:55 AM
When I got the Lifetime subscription it was:

• Never pay for the game again
  • Exclusive ingame badge
  • Playable liberated borg
  • Exclusive ingame costume piece

Since then they have added

Forum Goodies (blue forum title)
  • Captains Table
  • Veteran rewards

Quite frankly: If someone buys the Lifer sub for rewards, they are doing it for the wrong reasons. We are the ONLY ones who everyone knew would eventually become a drain on Cryptic resources as our subs would eventually outbalance the subscription fee.

Personally, i've been a "extended-silver" since June 2011.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Quite frankly: If someone buys the Lifer sub for rewards, they are doing it for the wrong reasons. We are the ONLY ones who everyone knew would eventually become a drain on Cryptic resources as our subs would eventually outbalance the subscription fee.
Lol..
This is the biggest BS continuously being spread around.

Life Time subscriptions are similar in many ways to buying shares on the stock market.
This is an investment.

Would you call a share holder of a company a drain in its resources?
It's ridiculous..

Life-timers are investors, and just like any other investors they have right to expect some kind of return from their investment.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-09-2012, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_mane2001 View Post

Please note the *MORE ON THE WAY*

What I would like to See is for Life time Subscribers would be, Liberated Borg character of all the races we have access two, either standard, or bought by C-store. They would have the SAME Traits of the /stock/ Liberated Character, but you can play any race escaped of the HIVE.

Adding a Special Account Wide Bank Accessible only to LTS from the Captian's Table. A Bank that allows us to Put Unbound items from one character into the bank, Deposit Energy Credits, Even Our Dilithium Reserves. So we can transfer from one character to another with out issue. Perhaps KEY it so that in order to access it you have to have the "Career Officer" Title active.

Maybe NO Charge at all for changing your uniform design, Or ship design. So that as Long as you have the Career officer Title up you can customize the look of your ship, and character, Even Bridge officers free of charge..
Let me guess... You are another Caitian who wants to be part Cyber Zombie?... I like how we have supposedly escaped the Borg thus far. Let us keep it that way LOL...

But jokes aside, I agree with the quoted additions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2012, 05:31 AM
I would rather Cryptic spent more time making content worth speaking of for the whole gaming community to enjoy than waste time developing more exclusive trinkets and novelties for only some to enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_Strife
I would rather Cryptic spent more time making content worth speaking of for the whole gaming community to enjoy than waste time developing more exclusive trinkets and novelties for only some to enjoy.
I agree, but in addition, it would be nice to have a difference in value between gold and silver that isn't just "unlockable". (of-topic? am i okay there?)
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelosu View Post
Lol..
This is the biggest BS continuously being spread around.

Life Time subscriptions are similar in many ways to buying shares on the stock market.
This is an investment.

Would you call a share holder of a company a drain in its resources?
It's ridiculous..

Life-timers are investors, and just like any other investors they have right to expect some kind of return from their investment.
As a lifer you pay up front for a service, the only risk is that you won't see a return (the game not surviving long enough) whereas someone who invests in a company does so only in the hope of a future dividend so there's very little comparison.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
As a lifer you pay up front for a service, the only risk is that you won't see a return (the game not surviving long enough) whereas someone who invests in a company does so only in the hope of a future dividend so there's very little comparison.
I disagree, we ( LTS'ers) excepted part of the risk in the same way micro investors do, except we get the game and benefits in place of any equity or dividend. Also, your assumption on investing for the purpose of gaining a dividend is off a bit as most issued stock do not have a dividend component. In most cases the only gain is from valuation of traded price or splits ( with out getting in to short, margins and such ). So looking at it from the point of view of investing for a future gain it is similar.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyaq
I disagree, we ( LTS'ers) excepted part of the risk in the same way micro investors do, except we get the game and benefits in place of any equity or dividend. Also, your assumption on investing for the purpose of gaining a dividend is off a bit as most issued stock do not have a dividend component. In most cases the only gain is from valuation of traded price or splits ( with out getting in to short, margins and such ). So looking at it from the point of view of investing for a future gain it is similar.
OK, but the point is neither side gets into it for the sake of it, they get involved for there own personal benefit. This is similar; Cryptic want us to pay for a service (we did) they offer the service (they did and still are) so I'm not sure why anyone's expecting any more.