Lt. Commander
Because everything is tied to ship slots I can't get my Relentless Reward and my Dimensional Hero reward.

I have maxed out in ship slots yet this is annoying that I can't get the other awards. Can a fix for this be made please?

My Main Characters name is B-Money@DecadeComplete. Help would be absolutely wonderful.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Because everything is tied to ship slots I can't get my Relentless Reward and my Dimensional Hero reward.

I have maxed out in ship slots yet this is annoying that I can't get the other awards. Can a fix for this be made please?

My Main Characters name is B-Money@DecadeComplete. Help would be absolutely wonderful.
So it looks like you're going to have to make a choice... What do you want more? Your existing ships? Or the new Ships?

(On the other hand, you can always purchase more Ship Slots from the C-Store...)
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 05:45 PM
I just want my awards.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Not to sound kind of like a jerk but uhm. Do you really NEED all those ships you're using? Unless I'm wrong, any ship bought with C-Points can be reclaimed for free if you discharge the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Read my main character's Bio. I am a ship collector. I collected all of the Starfleet ships on that character. Now everything is being awarded through character slots. I can't even get my frakin Relentless [500 day] Sub reward because of this now. I am ****ed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Ah I see. Still, the only solution then is to buy more ship slots. If you somehow maxed that out well, uhm... out of luck then I suppose.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2012, 06:10 PM
A fix needs to be possible or rewards need to stop being linked to ship slots.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Not to sound kind of like a jerk but uhm. Do you really NEED all those ships you're using? Unless I'm wrong, any ship bought with C-Points can be reclaimed for free if you discharge the ship.
I understand this one but I didn't at first the way the OP is worded and the way others have responded.
  • This has nothing to do with the amount of ships he has.

Sounds like DecadeComplete has reached Cryptic's technical limitations on the amount of Ship Slots a character can have.

Both the 500 Day Veteran (Relentless) and F2P Testing (Dimensional Hero) Rewards give Additional Ship Slots which he is already maxed out on. It's causing a bug which prevents him from getting those two rewards.

Quote:
A fix needs to be possible or rewards need to stop being linked to ship slots.
Have you tried sending in a GM Ticket, detailing the error you receive, and indicating that you have the maximum # of ship slots already which causes those two rewards to be bugged? They might be able to reward you the "Relentless" and "Dimensional Hero" badges without giving you the ship slots.

Otherwise I think you will be stuck until Cryptic decides to increase the max # of ship slots for characters.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Sent out many tickets with detailed responses. Nothing has been done or hinted at.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Sent out many tickets with detailed responses. Nothing has been done or hinted at.
Bug tickets don't get responses. Only GM and support tickets do. A GM couldn't fix an issue like this, and likely support can't either if you've run into a technical limitation. So it's probably a matter of submitting a bug ticket and waiting until they get around to dealing with this particular issue.

And of course the question becomes whether they view this as an issue. If you've bought the maximum number of slots they may very well view this as something that is working as intended, since that may be the functional maximum they had in mind and any "extras" given through other means are bonuses meant for people who haven't previously purchased a number of slots to reach that maximum.