Lt. Commander
# 11
01-12-2012, 07:04 PM
This is definitely something that needs to be changed, and it's great that you're arguing for it, but I'm seriously confused as to why you don't just discharge a C-Store ship, claim your rewards, and reclaim the ship? Your collection is ultimately unchanged and you rack up your rewards. It's a workaround, not a fix, but surely it's better than just not getting your rewards?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2012, 07:08 PM
its not that. The ShipSlots are always there. I have 6 Empty shipslots on my main trying to find a fix for this and nothing works.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Sent out many tickets with detailed responses. Nothing has been done or hinted at.
Make sure its a GM Ticket and not Bug Report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post

And of course the question becomes whether they view this as an issue. If you've bought the maximum number of slots they may very well view this as something that is working as intended, since that may be the functional maximum they had in mind and any "extras" given through other means are bonuses meant for people who haven't previously purchased a number of slots to reach that maximum.
Not working as intended in this case. He should be able to claim the 500 Day Vet Reward but cannot because he has hit the technical limitation for the # of ship slots allowed. There are other rewards besides ship slots that he's not getting because of their technical limitation on slots.

Definitely worthy of a bug report but it's not something they would give priority to. I'm sure Cryptic was glad he purchased the max # of ship slots but they did not expect that to totally break the 500 Day Vet Reward completely or the F2P Level 51 Reward. It's something they should have thought of but didn't. Thus why a GM should look into giving him the titles and costume pieces until they fix the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
And of course the question becomes whether they view this as an issue. If you've bought the maximum number of slots they may very well view this as something that is working as intended, since that may be the functional maximum they had in mind and any "extras" given through other means are bonuses meant for people who haven't previously purchased a number of slots to reach that maximum.
The problem is he can't get his other rewards that are not the ship slots. Obviously if he's at the ship slot limit, he can't get more slots, but he should still get the other rewards. A check needs to be put in to just throw the ship slots out if the person is already at the max and award everything else.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
This is definitely something that needs to be changed, and it's great that you're arguing for it, but I'm seriously confused as to why you don't just discharge a C-Store ship, claim your rewards, and reclaim the ship? Your collection is ultimately unchanged and you rack up your rewards. It's a workaround, not a fix, but surely it's better than just not getting your rewards?
The problem isn't related to the # of ships he has claimed. It's related to him being maxed out on ship slots. He can dismiss ships all day long and still have the problem of being maxed out on ship slots.

It's causing his 500 Day Veteran and F2P Testing (both reward more ship slots) to not work.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Yeah Mirror Master. that's exactly what I'm Hoping for. I have hit a limit and it needs to be broken somehow. there is a possibility that once I reach 600 that it wont even work for my main character yet again.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Yeah Mirror Master. that's exactly what I'm Hoping for. I have hit a limit and it needs to be broken somehow. there is a possibility that once I reach 600 that it wont even work for my main character yet again.
When you do a GM Ticket, quote the error messages you receive. It wouldn't hurt to add a link to this thread in the GM Ticket too. It may take some time for them to understand your problem. (Just like others in this thread have misunderstood.)

Also, I just thought of another thing that might fix you up. If you can get a GM to Remove 2 Ship Slots and give you a refund then you'll have room for Relentless and Dimensional Hero to work properly. They have a no refunds policy but if you explain the bug and ask for your issue "to be escalated to the next level of support" then you might be able to get help with this.

Let us know how it goes.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Not working as intended in this case. He should be able to claim the 500 Day Vet Reward but cannot because he has hit the technical limitation for the # of ship slots allowed. There are other rewards besides ship slots that he's not getting because of their technical limitation on slots.
Then yes, that will require a bug report.

Quote:
Also, I just thought of another thing that might fix you up. If you can get a GM to Remove 2 Ship Slots...
I'm about 90% sure a GM doesn't have that kind of power, since they can't handle other similar issues, like ones with character slots. Support could handles that though, and a support ticket would have to be filed.

However, there are ship slots scheduled to go with the 800 and 1000 day rewards too.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
I'm about 90% sure a GM doesn't have that kind of power, since they can't handle other similar issues, like ones with character slots. Support could handles that though, and a support ticket would have to be filed.

However, there are ship slots scheduled to go with the 800 and 1000 day rewards too.
You might be right. If I were him, I'd try both a GM Ticket and Support Ticket - anything at this point except a bug report which he has already filed.

In the past I was told by support that they handle billing issues only and that GMs handle anything related to in-game items. I'd consider ship slots an in-game item so that's why I said GM.

In any case, he is going to get the run around from customer service no matter what. This is going to be an issue that has to be escalated to senior support staff and possibly a dev before it can be resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
You might be right. If I were him, I'd try both a GM Ticket and Support Ticket - anything at this point except a bug report which he has already filed.

In the past I was told by support that they handle billing issues only and that GMs handle anything related to in-game items. I'd consider ship slots an in-game item so that's why I said GM.

In any case, he is going to get the run around from customer service no matter what. This is going to be an issue that has to be escalated to senior support staff and possibly a dev before it can be resolved.
Well, I (like a lot of people with the F2P patch) had an issue with a character slot disappearing (had full slots, deleted one character, no slot opened up) and I didn't get any run around. Filed a support ticket, they asked a question, I answered, they asked for a bit of clarification, then I got my slot back. It took a couple of days to get the first response (though this was over the holidays) and the follow ups were all within the day.

That said, I have heard of other people who have had issues with the support people over the exact same issue. Not sure whether it was how I handled it (perhaps I was more clear in my responses or some such) or maybe it was simply the support person I was in touch with. It does appear, however, that support issues certainly can go easily.

Pretty sure a GM ticket or Support ticket won't directly help as this pretty much has to be a bug, and relate back to code which can't be dealt with by either. The best that could be hoped for through submitting tickets there is that they'll pass it along, essentially refiling it as a bug ticket (which may or may not get it more attention since it came from support/GM staff).