Lt. Commander
# 1 Game Resets Network
01-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Hello all,

I'm having a really strange problem. I can patch the game fine and get into the character selection screen, but when I actually select a character and get into the game, I am immediately disconnected from the server and my entire home network is briefly shut down. It only takes about 20 seconds for the network to come back, but it's really strange to see the entire network go down due to one program. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Here's my technical information:

Router: NetGear CDG24G (802.11n, I think)
Computer: Windows 7
Connection: Wireless AND Wired (redundant I know, but I like it in case the wireless signal gets disrupted)
I use a static IP on the wireless connection.

Tracert results: Nothing above 50ms

NetTest results: First column nothing below 854KB/sec, second column nothing below 28KB/sec, third column nothing below 889KB/sec. 500s on all lines at the end.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2012, 03:46 PM
First and only bump, maybe the right person will see this and know what the heck is going on.

EDIT: And I have some more information. If I limit the bandwidth that STO is given to 10kb/sec, it doesn't reset the network. The problem then of course is that the lag is so hideous that it's completely unplayable.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 11:56 PM
how would u limit the bandwith it uses i want try that to since i have same problem
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 11:58 PM
See if Pando Media booster is running in the background via the Task Manager. Look for PMB.exe. Disable it, or uninstall it and see if that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2012, 12:03 AM
nope not running. i have it permantly disabled in my proceses menu so never starts up.

my d/c is on pretty much same time after about 10-15min play. also its 99% the time insta d/c if i join pve maps.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2012, 12:15 AM
You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

If you need further help, when you contact us by a support ticket, please answer the following questions:

What exactly did you try in the information presented to you?

What changes to your software did you make?

What errors did you get?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Also try restarting your PC. Restart your network gear too, unplug it from electricity for a few minutes.

Then plug it back in and see if it refreshes and things start working ok again for you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpanda16 View Post
Also try restarting your PC. Restart your network gear too, unplug it from electricity for a few minutes.

Then plug it back in and see if it refreshes and things start working ok again for you.
did that once i found out was cutting my internet was no help.

did all that was in your previous post also av,firewall exceptions still did it.

was fine when game first came out and i played. i use the same isp only differnce is i moved next door. and the connection here is setup in same way as other house.

was just able to play for 3 hours straight but i didnt do any changes to cause it. will see later when its peek time
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpanda16 View Post

Ah I love that one from the John Sheppard technical manual of computer repair
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Go to option in you're launcher turn of connect true proxy by putting it on "none"

"Disable on-demand Patching" Let you're game fully patch-up before you login, so it doesn't eat memory by loading, playing & up-dating the game @ the same time.

Pic explains it all >> http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5958/39427338.png