Lt. Commander
# 1 New intro video
01-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Video is very nice. I did notice one thing that, to me, probably should not have been tampered with. When Spock is talking about losing friends, family, and home, in the original intro he made indirect reference to the latest movie as the reason for making such a comment. Now with the new video he is saying such for no reason it seems. Am I missing something here or is my memory screwy?
Lt. Commander
# 2 you r correct sir
01-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Old opening did much better job of bridging the gap tween last movie & 2409 for the audience.

Showcased Mr. Nimoy's excellent vo work better.

Connected directly to tutorial instead of interrupting flow with tacky URL slate.

Was more in the style of TNG & VOY openings.

That's +4 by my count.

Sry for texting, on cellphone.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 11:09 PM
the new video bridges the gap just as good as the old one, the only difference is what's happening onscreen

i don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of this newer generation is more into explosions, action, things happening... a slow pan over a field of asteroids and a missing-it's-core planet, then a show of Klingon vs. Federation battle, then end with Borg attacking... it's interesting to look at the first few seconds, don't get me wrong, but then it just gets boring

the newer one has stuff happening all the time, keeping their interest better and gives a better first impression (which is important to every first-timer to anything)

i'm not saying they shouldn't keep the old one around (for those who like it better), but the new one will definitely interest first-time players better than the old one

my two cents
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 11:16 PM
.......link?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaar1
.......link?
Main Page, click Videos, it's titled 'New Opening Cutscene'
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg_LSM
When Spock is talking about losing friends, family, and home, in the original intro he made indirect reference to the latest movie as the reason for making such a comment. Now with the new video he is saying such for no reason it seems. Am I missing something here or is my memory screwy?
The way I'm seeing it is that it's an open ended statement that fits either with JJ Abrams' movie being reference or not. What he's saying now (without referencing to it) is that his home on Romulus and his friends on that planet are now all gone.

As far as the video itself goes, I like it much more than the old one, even if it doesn't scream Star Trek in my face. The old one looked rushed together to get out the door with the release.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
Main Page, click Videos, it's titled 'New Opening Cutscene'
Thanks