Lt. Commander
# 1 DOFF Flavor Quotes
01-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Something I've noticed. On the Federation I think all the greens I've bought from Ferra have little quotes. However, for KDF I noticed none of the ones I've bought this way have them. I think I've gotten a few from random packs that do however.

Is KDF DOFFs lacking quotes an oversight? Something we'll expect later? Sure, they aren't incredibly important, but they're nice little things.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Kestrel has a giant list of ones to go through, and as she has free time in her schedule she adds quotes.

I occasionally sneak one or two in as well if I get inspired, as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Ah I see, thanks for the quick response! I wasn't expecting one from the great Heretic himself.

Still, nice to know I can expect more of these to crop up in the future. Now, if I can only hope for even more duty officers in general... it's hard making an entirely female crew (Federation) or tinkering with an entire female Orion crew (KDF)...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Something I've noticed. On the Federation I think all the greens I've bought from Ferra have little quotes. However, for KDF I noticed none of the ones I've bought this way have them. I think I've gotten a few from random packs that do however.

Is KDF DOFFs lacking quotes an oversight? Something we'll expect later? Sure, they aren't incredibly important, but they're nice little things.
It's not just KDF DOffs that are missing quaotes Fed DOffs are missing them too. Also, not all KDF DOffs are missing quotes. I have a GoogleDocs spreadsheet here that details the DOffs I've come across so far, although it doesn't include all of the DOffs on the DOff store, and I haven't cleared out the ones I found on Tribble yet (before the stats and DOff store changed on Tribble).

If it's that important that you choose a DOff with a quote, you can also right-click on the DOff in the Doff store. A description window will pop up giving more details on that particular DOff, and you can read their quotes from there (if they have one).
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
It's not just KDF DOffs that are missing quaotes Fed DOffs are missing them too. Also, not all KDF DOffs are missing quotes. I have a GoogleDocs spreadsheet here that details the DOffs I've come across so far, although it doesn't include all of the DOffs on the DOff store, and I haven't cleared out the ones I found on Tribble yet (before the stats and DOff store changed on Tribble).

If it's that important that you choose a DOff with a quote, you can also right-click on the DOff in the Doff store. A description window will pop up giving more details on that particular DOff, and you can read their quotes from there (if they have one).
I didn't know about the right-click thing, thanks for the info.

And no, it's not so important that I won't pick a DOFF without it, but it's just something nice. As the phrase implies, the flavor quotes well, add flavor. They just make the officer seem less faceless and generic - at least to me. I can kinda get an idea of their personality from it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Kestrel has a giant list of ones to go through, and as she has free time in her schedule she adds quotes.

I occasionally sneak one or two in as well if I get inspired, as well.
You know you could make some kind of contest. Ask the community for quotes suitable to use for Doffs. No rewards just the knowledge something of you made it into the game. You will probably get so many quotes that you have to make more Doffs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2012, 01:55 AM
These little things add a real quality

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2012, 07:58 AM
I will ask a dumb question here instead of starting a new thread. But I am a Fed officer who just got my Diplomacy level 1 Doff pick, and I noticed that all the Doffs to pick at lt ferra for diplomacy are kilingon, gorn, and nausican. Is that a bug or do they actually work for a Fed captain. I know its possible to buy the wrong faction doff from the exchange. and if you do, they do not work for you, so just seeing if this is the case.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir888 View Post
You know you could make some kind of contest. Ask the community for quotes suitable to use for Doffs. No rewards just the knowledge something of you made it into the game.
Nice idea. And that would also be a recognition for people who spend some time on the forums and give life to the community.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSammy
I will ask a dumb question here instead of starting a new thread. But I am a Fed officer who just got my Diplomacy level 1 Doff pick, and I noticed that all the Doffs to pick at lt ferra for diplomacy are kilingon, gorn, and nausican. Is that a bug or do they actually work for a Fed captain. I know its possible to buy the wrong faction doff from the exchange. and if you do, they do not work for you, so just seeing if this is the case.
Working as intended. Diplomacy for Federation is the only way, aside from assignments, to get KDF races as Duty Officers.

Maraudaing for KDF instead gives Federation races.