Lt. Commander
# 1 Scheduled maintenace
01-12-2012, 06:33 PM
One thing that really bugs me is the repeated description of downtime as 'sceduled'. Where is this schedule? Is it public somewhere?

The thing is, using this phrase implies I am supposed to know it is happening and should not feel at all agreived by it... it is planned and I could have made adjustment knowing I would be unable to play.

Unless I am missing something, from our perspective it is just unexpected downtown with 12-18 hours notice.

Petty: probably, but the phraseology does grate a little. Maybe I just don;t know where it is listed...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2012, 06:35 PM
The game gets a new patch on Thursday. That has been the case since launch. Thursday is patch day - unless the patch is delayed then it gets carried over to Firday. Beyond that I would expect to see a lot of transition downtime between now and the 17th to get ready for FTP.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Check the section of the forums called Federation News Network...
All the scheduled maintenace threads are posted there.
It has always been posted there since game launch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Check the section of the forums called Federation News Network...
All the scheduled maintenace threads are posted there.
It has always been posted there since game launch.
yes, but that information is not exactly posted 'in advance'. How long has this maintenace been scheduled for because as I see the infrmaiton is posted today for 'scheduled' maintenance erm, today... (maybe yesterday in the US but still hardly any notie period for something ostensbly 'planned'.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Scheduled maintenance: told about in advance (be it 6, 12, 24 or more hours in advance), or simply that they meant to turn the game off for a period of time.

Unscheduled maintenance: a) Some hardware broke and the game is offline or b) a giant bug needs squashing RFN and the system has been pulled down for patching.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
yes, but that information is not exactly posted 'in advance'. How long has this maintenace been scheduled for because as I see the infrmaiton is posted today for 'scheduled' maintenance erm, today... (maybe yesterday in the US but still hardly any notie period for something ostensbly 'planned'.
There's information posted today for an emergency patch going in tomorrow - at least tomorrow in the US. There was a problem with today's patch. The patch going in tomorrow is to correct that. Normally Thursday is patch day.