Lt. Commander
When I log into the client i'm given two options for the server now, not three. The live server (Holodeck) or Public Test (Tribble).

Will the files I downloaded for the old Red Shirt server be removed or will they just now sit on my disc doing nothing?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Either way you dont have to wait to find out; you can do it yourself anytime if you need the space
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the reply. I've no issue with space, but I like to keep my computer tidy but some may have space issues.

Just nice to know that's all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2012, 01:10 AM
they will remain on your disc until you delete them. cryptic cant unistall what is on your computer, they can only limit access by taking away the 'start button'. you can delete it yourself at any time if you wish.

if they ever bring it back the bulk of it will just copy over from holodeck or tribble rather then be re-downloaded. if you are happy to leave it on your computer then it will do no harm other than take up space.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal
When I log into the client i'm given two options for the server now, not three. The live server (Holodeck) or Public Test (Tribble).

Will the files I downloaded for the old Red Shirt server be removed or will they just now sit on my disc doing nothing?
I was thinking about this myself the other day, and I'm like you -- just like a tidy computer. You should be able to just delete the folder (perhaps a different path for you):

C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Playtest

(In no way meant to insult your intelligence as you probably already know this...)
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2012, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
I was thinking about this myself the other day, and I'm like you -- just like a tidy computer. You should be able to just delete the folder (perhaps a different path for you):

(In no way meant to insult your intelligence as you probably already know this...)
Thanks for this. It's good to know what files/folder can be removed without causing further issues.

Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2012, 03:53 AM
Playtest is the Tribble - Keep this folder.

You can delete the Beta folder.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post

It might be at c:\users\public\games\cryptic studios\star trek online\beta
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2012, 04:53 AM
Thanks for this. It hadn't occurred to me that the Redshirt folder might not have been deleted, but at least now I know I can get rid of it myself.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazag
Playtest is the Tribble - Keep this folder.

You can delete the Beta folder.
Excellent, thank you.