Lt. Commander
I know it was worked on, we saw how it was able to make the fur trim on the Klingon vet shoulders. I'm still looking to put a mane on my Catian boff and see some new hair styles. Low priority, but it has been a long time since 'hairing' any news on this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2012, 04:28 AM
I want to see some patterns for the Caitian. I want mine to have a Tiger pattern.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2012, 04:35 AM
Would be nice to have proper hair tech ingame instead of a non movable block on peoples heads. Where if long sways when you turn. Would make having a klingon really nice to look at while playing just wooshing left and right and seeing ur hair move and all be individual strands. ;D
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2012, 06:40 AM
It would be nice to be able to have human hair on my Klingon female BOFFs like K'Ehleyr's or B'Elanna Torres's instead of those nasty dreadlocks. The Hair tech feature sounds nice, too. Sounds a lot like the one in elderscrolls. Personally, I think appearance customization options are what really helps one feel immersed in an RPG. If you can customize your BO's to look like that away team you always dreamed of having, the game will be that much better for the players. You might say it's low priority OP, but I think it's extremely important for the health of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Hair tech, like everything else in the game, was put aside over the last 7 months for the FTP conversion. And to be perfectly honest I'd rather see more mission content in the game rather then more hairstyles.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
I know it was worked on, we saw how it was able to make the fur trim on the Klingon vet shoulders. I'm still looking to put a mane on my Catian boff and see some new hair styles. Low priority, but it has been a long time since 'hairing' any news on this.
It is coming when the KDF get there own content , all cstore items will be available with in game currency, and FE's come regularly.
Around Season 2.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Hair tech, like everything else in the game, was put aside over the last 7 months for the FTP conversion. And to be perfectly honest I'd rather see more mission content in the game rather then more hairstyles.
Putting aside the fact that I agree with you, let's argue for argument sake. How long do you think it would take to put a simple hair tech in game? I would venture to say it wouldn't take more than 3-4 weeks to program in like 3-4 length options, different styles of her, etc.

In a sense, the new hair tech could be akin to the revamped skill tree interface, that is, if Cryptic is ambitious enough which I think it can be. Instead of BO customization tabs having very linear, list-like formats, they could make the new customization tabs have a more circular orientation for how options are organized. Instead of appearing in a block list form as they do now, the different options would circulate around the BO-which instead of being being below the options window would now be in the center of the options.

It would be appear like this:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...omization.jpg/
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Putting aside the fact that I agree with you, let's argue for argument sake. How long do you think it would take to put a simple hair tech in game? I would venture to say it wouldn't take more than 3-4 weeks to program in like 3-4 length options, different styles of her, etc.
In that same 3-4 weeks a Dev could use even the Foundry system to create an "official" new mission for the game that makes everyone happy.

I don't disagree that the game needs lots of superficial things: new hair tech, new BOFF species, etc. I simply think the game needs to focus on the things it needs with the highest priority first. We all know that's Mission Content - plus end-game content.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
In that same 3-4 weeks a Dev could use even the Foundry system to create an "official" new mission for the game that makes everyone happy.

I don't disagree that the game needs lots of superficial things: new hair tech, new BOFF species, etc. I simply think the game needs to focus on the things it needs with the highest priority first. We all know that's Mission Content - plus end-game content.
Ok, yeah, I do agree they should focus on mission content first. Do you like my idea of having the BO in the center of the options with the options fanning out like that, though? The different options like legs, waist, and hair, when clicked, would lead to specific hair options window with another list of options branching out in a circle around the BO. I think it would save a lot of space on the screen and look neater.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Sounds like your trying to decide which is more important.
My opinion is that Cryptic owes it's customer both, seeing as how it is 'they' alone that keeps it going.
I personally don't want to hear about time schedules, priorities, or budget restraints when I am helping to foot the bill. You take the money, you get it done. There is always another company willing to take it to provide what I want.

Since that is out of the way, I will take a Dak'Tang, new dreds (big wild hair), and my klingon Dahar Master cloak to go long with those new missions on the Klingon side staring at Captain level.

Thanks....