Lt. Commander
# 11
01-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
In that same 3-4 weeks a Dev could use even the Foundry system to create an "official" new mission for the game that makes everyone happy.

I don't disagree that the game needs lots of superficial things: new hair tech, new BOFF species, etc. I simply think the game needs to focus on the things it needs with the highest priority first. We all know that's Mission Content - plus end-game content.
I doubt the devs who make hair are the same devs who make content, though there may be overlap with the devs who create new enemies for that content.

Either way, the hair in this game has always been awful. Almost all of it is ugly, and looks extremely dated. Even if they don't give us new hair tech (which they should), they need to give us some new hair styles, that actually look professional and attractive.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-13-2012, 07:41 AM
I think it is sad that we are buying borked items. Catians without hair & MVAM that doesn't show the proper ship parts... these kinks should be worked out before we are expected to shell out REAL MONEY for them.

Lets hope with F2P we get these things fixed since that will be the main revenue stream for the game.

But yeah, Caitians need hair... KDF needs new hairstyles as well.

(&whatever happened to Gorn, Lethean, & Nausicaan females???)
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-13-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Songbird-
I doubt the devs who make hair are the same devs who make content, though there may be overlap with the devs who create new enemies for that content.

Either way, the hair in this game has always been awful. Almost all of it is ugly, and looks extremely dated. Even if they don't give us new hair tech (which they should), they need to give us some new hair styles, that actually look professional and attractive.
Make sense that the hair devs would be different from content devs, although their staff size was pretty small during the buy-out and f2p transition due to hiring freezes.

What doesn't make sense to me is why Cryptic decided to start making C-store boffs before they put in the new hair tech. It would have made more sense to put a lot of effort into the hair and body tech so that you then could have more customization options for your regular boffs, c-store boffs, and yourself. It's beyond me as to why this wasn't added in with season 4.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Make sense that the hair devs would be different from content devs, although their staff size was pretty small during the buy-out and f2p transition due to hiring freezes.

What doesn't make sense to me is why Cryptic decided to start making C-store boffs before they put in the new hair tech. It would have made more sense to put a lot of effort into the hair and body tech so that you then could have more customization options for your regular boffs, c-store boffs, and yourself. It's beyond me as to why this wasn't added in with season 4.
Because they don't care.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamandus View Post
I think it is sad that we are buying borked items. Catians without hair & MVAM that doesn't show the proper ship parts... these kinks should be worked out before we are expected to shell out REAL MONEY for them.

Lets hope with F2P we get these things fixed since that will be the main revenue stream for the game.

But yeah, Caitians need hair... KDF needs new hairstyles as well.

(&whatever happened to Gorn, Lethean, & Nausicaan females???)
You think the males are ugly? /shudder at the thought of the females.:p That aside, were there ever any females shown for those races? Could it be they look the same unless a genital check is done?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-13-2012, 08:36 AM
We need some seriuos KDF faction choices as well.
Like.... large fuzzy curly haired Afro's, Straightened options instead of dreadlocks for Klingons and Large Bushy beards that don't look like I'm wearing a hair turtle neck sweater.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Like.... large fuzzy curly haired Afro's, Straightened options instead of dreadlocks for Klingons and Large Bushy beards that don't look like I'm wearing a hair turtle neck sweater.
The straightened options for Klings is basically what I said earlier. The Bushy beards thing is pretty funny. I never thought of it was a turleneck before. Klingon Steve Jobs anybody?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-13-2012, 09:38 AM
They really should fix the "Epic Beard" as it looks stupid, looks more like a neck gaiter then a true beard. While I'm all for having super long beards on male toons for those that want them, me included, I think the "Epic Beard" should have more variation like long to the stomach length, bushy and thick, bit all around, not just front heavy, and a hybrid of the prior two... Plus beards, especially the Epic should move more naturally, and not seem connected to the chest somehow that give them that "neck gaiter" appearance... As for long hair swaying naturally, that would be nice to, but I'm not sure of the games graphic engine would allow either of the 2 suggestions, but it would be nice...
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-13-2012, 09:40 AM
My understanding was that this feature was coming sometime in 2012 but no specific release date had been set.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
What about Catians hair tech that can be used by Klingons? I would really like to see some YAS Catian hair styles.