Lt. Commander
# 21
01-13-2012, 09:45 AM
I would like to see the new hair tech.

The current hair pieces are a bit old now, and we need some more.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Yes whatver happened to this. I think it would go a long way in improving the maturity of the game (as now it still appears cartoonish) and asthetics.

FINAL FANTASY hair ppl

http://www.otakustudy.com/wp-content.../ffxiii2-5.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Hair tech, like everything else in the game, was put aside over the last 7 months for the FTP conversion. And to be perfectly honest I'd rather see more mission content in the game rather then more hairstyles.
Actually they've been touting a hair tech revamp for closer to 17 or 18 months. It dates back at least to the release of the Caitian captain species, and was used as the justification for releasing them without hair. The species was sold with the assurance that hair was coming and they would have complete options soon™. And despite no revamp in well over a year, they also haven't gone back and used the old tech to create any options.

I'm not sure whether it's shameful or embarrassing, but it probably doesn't matter as the two are close enough for government work.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiveman5
They really should fix the "Epic Beard" as it looks stupid, looks more like a neck gaiter then a true beard. While I'm all for having super long beards on male toons for those that want them, me included, I think the "Epic Beard" should have more variation like long to the stomach length, bushy and thick, bit all around, not just front heavy, and a hybrid of the prior two... Plus beards, especially the Epic should move more naturally, and not seem connected to the chest somehow that give them that "neck gaiter" appearance... As for long hair swaying naturally, that would be nice to, but I'm not sure of the games graphic engine would allow either of the 2 suggestions, but it would be nice...
Exactly. Its a big yello.... er hairy turtle neck. Itchy and unappealing to the opposite sex.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapaxbr View Post
Yes whatver happened to this. I think it would go a long way in improving the maturity of the game (as now it still appears cartoonish) and asthetics.

FINAL FANTASY hair ppl

http://www.otakustudy.com/wp-content.../ffxiii2-5.jpg
I like that final fantasy hair. It reminds me of the days when I played PSO on the dreamcast.

Watch this video of Phantasy Star Online 2's character creation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z89_T...eature=related

This is pretty close to what I would want STO's customization screen to look like. Instead having most of the features on the same pages, the STO character customization window would change to a different customization screen everytime we selected a new feature to customize in the small, upper left menu (where the menu should be instead of strewn across the whole page). Alternatively, you could have 3-4 features on the same customization window, but that should be the maximum. Notice how the pop out menus for aesthetic options are much easier to manuever though than the single-column, top down lists we currently have for things like Klingon armor? Yeah, that's freaking awesome.

Edit: I created a new thread to discuss what direction we think the customization menu should go because I thought it was a little off-topic to this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-13-2012, 11:54 AM
I think my favorite character creation system was featured in ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE_Ake-mh4U

It really did an amazing job with the face and hair, offering alot of variety. Plus the interface was simple to use and uncluttered.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelus
I think my favorite character creation system was featured in ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE_Ake-mh4U

It really did an amazing job with the face and hair, offering alot of variety. Plus the interface was simple to use and uncluttered.
I like the actions those characters perform when you slide over them. Typical epic anime stances! haha! BUt, yeah, that **** customization screen is pretty cool. It sort of looks like a blend of Phantasy Star and STO options. STO could definitely condense all of those slider bars down to 4-8 like **** has it.

Edit: Obelus, would you mind posting this is the new thread I created related to character creation?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-13-2012, 01:05 PM
The Caitans ated it and haz not spits the furball out yet.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-13-2012, 01:06 PM
I am hoping for more hair alternatives for Klingons other than dreadlocks in the near future as well. This in addition to hair/manes for Caitians.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Captain Klaa hair
*looks at Avatar*
We NEEDS!!