Lt. Commander
# 11
01-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
Like I wrote here it's a lot easier to keep your targets in in your front arc if you have direct control of your throttle. I used to overshoot targets and ended up flying circles around the enemy I couldn't kill in the first pass,too. It's better to slowly approach your target (the NPCs normally fly straight in your direction) and go into reverse mode if it's too close. It also helps to use Tractor Beam 1 to hold tougher NPCs right before you.
Throttle control.
yes, slow approach fast escape if needed and sitting still will work if used quickly and sparingly as your defense will go -% when sitting still.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
Like I wrote here it's a lot easier to keep your targets in in your front arc if you have direct control of your throttle. I used to overshoot targets and ended up flying circles around the enemy I couldn't kill in the first pass,too. It's better to slowly approach your target (the NPCs normally fly straight in your direction) and go into reverse mode if it's too close. It also helps to use Tractor Beam 1 to hold tougher NPCs right before you.
That is an awesome tip, I will rebind my mouse wheel first thing when I get home! Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
In regular game play Rapid Fire is far superior to Scatter Volley. Scatter Volley is only useful in STFs because of the number of foes/targets you face.
I actually disagree.

In most PVE encounters, you are fighting more than one ship at a time. And with Scattery volley/Torp spread, you can take out those 3x ship encounters at once instead of targeting one at a time.

Yes, when you fight something like a Galor class or a Mirror Jupiter class for example, you won't do as much damage as with Rapid fire. But those are not as common as the 3x target encounters in the Episodes and other PVE content.

Plus, there are missions where you have to target a bunch of Mines or other things in groups... Spread abilities make short work out of those.

However, for PVE, you can always run BOTH skills if you want. Having the "best" DPS in standard PVE solo missions isn't that important anyway, its not like they are that hard (unless you run Elite).