Lt. Commander
# 21
01-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
and where do you find this posting at? Cryptic never said that the popup that decloaks your ship is working as intended. Please provide proof of this statement.
Understand I have several of the posts/reasons/excuses of why this was not done. Cryptic never EVER made that statement about the broken decloak popup situation.
That's why I included the "if I recall correctly." That means I freely admit I may have either misunderstood or have confused this with something else. All I know is discussion of this issue disappeared for a while. So I figured it was fixed. I never saw it as a problem to begin with because it makes sense to me that if you are cloaked that firing up your communications array would defeat the cloak.

Edit: Perhaps I am confusing what they initially said. They may have later decided to see if they could improve it and it didn't help.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKeith2011
This sterling example of QA and responsiveness to bugs is why I've basically quit sending in tickets.

Why waste my time on something that is going to be effectively ignored?
unfortuantely I can not refute you when you compare it to this issue, using it as your base example neighbor. Kudo's to you.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecat69
which not only kills my cloak but also drops my speed to zero.
The speed option can be turned off, something like "keep moving during contact dialogs".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I never saw it as a problem to begin with because it makes sense to me that if you are cloaked that firing up your communications array would defeat the cloak.
Fair enough, but what about when the pop up is your own bridge officer telling you something? Pretty sure even Klingons aren't loud enough to be heard through the hull of a ship...
Lt. Commander
# 24 my bad
01-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
That's why I included the "if I recall correctly." That means I freely admit I may have either misunderstood or have confused this with something else. All I know is discussion of this issue disappeared for a while. So I figured it was fixed. I never saw it as a problem to begin with because it makes sense to me that if you are cloaked that firing up your communications array would defeat the cloak.

Edit: Perhaps I am confusing what they initially said. They may have later decided to see if they could improve it and it didn't help.
Nah could be me too Commander. My aplogies too if I misunderstood your statement as well.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
Nah could be me too Commander. My aplogies too if I misunderstood your statement as well.
It's Commadore, mister!! :p (it's misspelled on purpose)

No problem. Look, if it was fixed, then this discussion wouldn't even be happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Fair enough, but what about when the pop up is your own bridge officer telling you something? Pretty sure even Klingons aren't loud enough to be heard through the hull of a ship...
Only the good ones.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
It's Commadore, mister!! :p (it's misspelled on purpose)

No problem. Look, if it was fixed, then this discussion wouldn't even be happening.

Only the good ones.
lol *cleans glasses*.

ok that last statement was funny, dont care who you are, that is just plain funny.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Well, that explains it. Your Klingon and Gorn bridge officers are being voiced by BRIAN BLESSED. The man could take down a cloak just by enunciating. You warp into a system and he goes "WE'RE HERE!" and suddenly every fire control system from here to Laurentian has got a lock....

"Has EVERY warrior on Qo'nOs slept with my daughter?!"
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Here is where a mamby-pamby ground-loving "I secretly think this game is The Sims: UFP I-phone social app" care bear must come to bat for his long-lost distant "pure-space-PvPer" cousins.

If fixing year old bugs that player find "annoying as Hell" and "Damned annoying" is a lost cause, then the whole game is a lost cause.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-13-2012, 09:33 AM
i rarely use my cloaks so have not seen this issue much, but it has annoyed me when it happens..

how has the "auto-hail" feature affected this? surely with the brass bugging you every 5 min cloak dropping should be at an all time high?
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
Here is where a mamby-pamby ground-loving "I secretly think this game is The Sims: UFP I-phone social app" care bear must come to bat for his long-lost distant "pure-space-PvPer" cousins.

If fixing year old bugs that player find "annoying as Hell" and "Damned annoying" is a lost cause, then the whole game is a lost cause.
*Gives that man a Cigar!*