Lt. Commander
# 41
01-14-2012, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
they already tried to fix this before with little overall success. this is a massive bug because it requires them to adjust every space map in the entire game. if it was easy to fix they would have done it by now. saying it should be fixed inside a week might sound more than doable but its no where near that simple.
For every person who (rightfully) complains about something that doesn't work correctly, there is always another person, such as yourself, with his/her face so completely covered in brown... (i'll let you complete that sentence). People like you tend to make excuses for Cryptic's bad behaviour towards it's customers.

Thankfully, I no longer have to put up with their antics, since I will never subscribe to this game again, never buy a single C-Store item, and certainly never EVER buy another game that has "Developer: Cryptic Studios" attached to it. I played City of Heroes while it was still run by Cryptic, I played Champions Online, and lastly I've played Star Trek Online. One would think, after 3 (semi-decent) MMO:s, Cryptic would actually know how to make a game, and get things fixed right?

But I suppose, at this point is when you (or someone like you), will tell me that Cryptic had alot of problems over the past year, which included the sale to PWE and the freeze on hiring while still owned by Atari. Thing is thou, that is all in the past now. Now is the time for Cryptic to pull themselves up by their boot-straps, and get things done!

I'm not talking about fixing cosmetic things such as the "missing phaser fx", or adding entire game systems which serve as nothing more than "fluff" (duty officer system). I'm talking about fixing the game you already have, squashing each and every bug you've created in the near-2 years since it's release. And finally, adding some actual mission content to the game, so that people can have fun running NEW content, instead of rehashing the old content, or running dailies.

TL;DR: The "cloaking bug", is not a small thing. It's most definitely a game breaker, since virtually the entire Klingon player community (smaller each day), utilize cloaking devices to one extent or another. Whether it be in PVE or PVP content, having a popup cause the ship to decloak, IS a game breaker.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-14-2012, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
For every person who (rightfully) complains about something that doesn't work correctly, there is always another person, such as yourself, with his/her face so completely covered in brown... (i'll let you complete that sentence). People like you tend to make excuses for Cryptic's bad behaviour towards it's customers.
and there are people like you who roll into a thread an insult someone because their views are different.

i wont waste my time explaining myself further if this is the level of maturity i receive.
Lt. Commander
# 43 Either way...
01-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Internal ship communications should not break cloak and I don't have to answer incoming hails from outside, just receiving a transmission and ignoring it should not uncloak anyone.

However cryptic wants to categorize it, feature or bug it is still a problem in need of a resolution because as it stands it is unsatisfactory.
If it is a bug, please fix it.
If it is a feature then it needs to be changed.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIce
Internal ship communications should not break cloak and I don't have to answer incoming hails from outside, just receiving a transmission and ignoring it should not uncloak anyone.

However cryptic wants to categorize it, feature or bug it is still a problem in need of a resolution because as it stands it is unsatisfactory.
If it is a bug, please fix it.
If it is a feature then it needs to be changed.
"I can see you, Kirk"
"Chang!"
"Can you see me?"
"Of course. Your ship started to decloak the oment you openend this channel."

Calling this a "Feature" is like calling Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) an added feature of beef.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
or adding entire game systems which serve as nothing more than "fluff" (duty officer system)
Hey, I was with you until you said this. Without the DOFF system, I'd have no reason to log in at all!
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
and there are people like you who roll into a thread an insult someone because their views are different.

i wont waste my time explaining myself further if this is the level of maturity i receive.
He was being mean to you? *takes back previous comments* "I wasn't with you at all!"

Actually, I still kind of agree. Perhaps he just doesn't realize that you're a realist and so stereotyping you into that group wasn't fair or accurate. It is true though, there's always someone who will rush to Cryptic's defense.

I don't understand why they would need to adjust every map to make a cloaking device work. Did it at one time function correctly? What exactly broke it? If it worked before, how could it be the maps?
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-14-2012, 12:50 PM
This should be fixed, I have never seen a ship uncloak just so the ensign could say "We should be coming up on the Enterprise, what are your orders" ...

So if this is working as intended then the people at Cryptic need to watch Star TREK, not Star wars .....

I guess this wasn't one of the many bugs that DeAngelo say they fixed ....
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-14-2012, 01:38 PM
As far as I am concerned whether this a bug or a "feature" it still needs to be fixed. They have had a year, done massive environmental changes season 4 the f2p revamp aka season 5, and if you want to be technical those little frosty boots to work outside of winter wonderland had to change the environment. This is a basic mechanic to cloaking vessels whether it is Klingon or Federation. If it is a massive bug then squash it. If this is now a feature then they need to create a icon in options( just like the ships stopping when a pop up occurs) so we can opt out of the so called feature. The choice is Cryptics, fix it or I will continue bringing up the problem every chance I get until it is taken care of or this game dies.
Lt. Commander
# 49 1 year 1 week
01-20-2012, 02:56 AM
Happy Anniversary!! Yes that is right folks it is another week and the decloaking bug screams into its 53rd week of game play. I don't know which sounds better 1 year 1 week or 53 weeks? What I find funny is Cryptic worries about its image problem, but fails to address or fix a basic game mechanic of cloaking vessels. A happy dev last week was on DS9 and asked people what they thought about the DS9 revamp and the game. Silly me, I asked the question about the decloak bug and when it would be fixed. The response "I didn't break the cloak". It is unfortunate, but typical it seems the attitude of Devs that if it isn't in their ballpark I don't care, just say you love what I did. You are part of a team, the correct answer would of been: Thank you for your input and I will pass it to the appropriate person." Never ask people what they think unless you are willing to accept the good with the bad. So, now here is an answer to another Cryptic question "why do we have a low customer satisfacton problem?" Here are two shining examples, not fixing a "bug" or "feature" for over a year, apathy of your employees and lack of public relation skills. So I will now get off the soap box for the week, and see if maybe something will be done to correct the problem. (I won't hold my breath)
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-20-2012, 03:03 AM
Too be honest it would be nice if they even acknowledged this thread and admitted it's a problem and that they need to look into it.

But as this has demonstrated, only easily fixed fluff get's to make it onto Cryptic's list of feedback.