Lt. Commander
# 51
01-20-2012, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
and there are people like you who roll into a thread an insult someone because their views are different.

i wont waste my time explaining myself further if this is the level of maturity i receive.
Well.... you need to look in the mirror there some neighbor. What did you expect, this isnt a thread about peaches and cream and fluffy white things. We are discussing a game break issue and you ran in and fairly stated to those about that we didnt know what we were talking about.
What kind of reception did you expect?
To begin understanding another point of view, keep your mind open, but never waver from what you believe, yet never shut down you willingness to accept information from different views either.

now you want to complain because you are getting heat for it? Please, be mindful of the cliche, you cant take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
He was being mean to you? *takes back previous comments* "I wasn't with you at all!"
Actually, I still kind of agree. Perhaps he just doesn't realize that you're a realist and so stereotyping you into that group wasn't fair or accurate. It is true though, there's always someone who will rush to Cryptic's defense.
I don't understand why they would need to adjust every map to make a cloaking device work. Did it at one time function correctly? What exactly broke it? If it worked before, how could it be the maps?
They dont, but they would have to IF they do not wish to fix the issue that cause the condition to begin with, which is more the truth. The patch this happen off of was not a very large one, about 100 megs, and the ruleset and math issue that occured to cause it happen is the thing they do not want to correct. Hey that is cool, if that is correct, but it showed a major flaw in the game engine that should of done been addressed. That is the basis of these posts.

Understand team, if we didnt care, least for me at least, i would never bother to post. There are many threads that I dont bother to post in, simply because, hey I don't care. I just have enough on my plate as a paying customer. Fixing the item i am paying for, should never be one of them.

I recently posted in a thread about the UGC podcast that he was super excited of the great interview they had with Al. When in truth i listen to the same thing, twice, wasted 5 hours of my life i will never get back, but experience has taught me with Cryptic be mindful of what they say, simply because it is not what they do. I go back and look at history and it paints a much different picture of many things.

Granted things change in a company, hey that is life, but this group ettiquite, mannerism, and professionalist in dealing with their customer base is not exactly stellar. Yet understand we are not talking about individuals, but we are discussing how they percieve the what/how/when.

Their fault? Our Fault? honesty both. We as clients, paying customers want the most bang for our buck. They while promise a good deal, we all just have what they state to go by and get excited right along with them. They (devs) have to deal with entities who make the final calls on what is allowed and not allowed. They share things that just no way that those entities will ever go for, simply because they have shot the idea down in the past. They rush about to get the fluff items, simply because it is where they as a company can make the most bang for their buck.

Hey, cant blame then for that, they are in the business to make money. plain and simple. To think otherwise is just plain stupid, and from what I have read of everyone, you all dont seem stupid to me.

The issue is that simple game breaking issues, like the decloaking popup, klingon explore missions, STF AI logic, whatever the old bug may be, are basic items that need to be fixed before we pile more things on top of it. Its like building a house on sand, the routine logc underneath that wonderful monstrocity you jsut built that will make the game leap head and shoulders ahead, hits the live enviroment, and hits one of the old existing bugs in the program.... BAM things break... things stop working... etc, so forth...

While it will never be a perfect system, which we all know that, we just can not concieve the notion of leaving such a thing undone, unchecked, and uncorrected for so long that has such wide ranging impact.

Its like buying a car, that the salesman says as you drive off the lot... "Hey, the paint will come off it anytime it rains, but dont worry! its a feature!" ....

Would you buy such a thing?
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-20-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
they already tried to fix this before with little overall success. this is a massive bug because it requires them to adjust every space map in the entire game. if it was easy to fix they would have done it by now. saying it should be fixed inside a week might sound more than doable but its no where near that simple.
Yeah, no offense, but that always struck me as a load of bull. It took one patch to break it. So undoing whatever they did in that patch to break it should fix it.

That said, I think I figured out what's wrong with my cloaking device. Seeing as I haven't been using it, instead putting the Oberth battery in its spot, it's been sitting in my inventory. And replicating.

THERE ARE. FOUR! CLOAKING DEVICES!

And none of them work right.

Two in the bank, two in my inventory, but there's only two Fed ships I could've possibly got them from. And when I discard one... it returns from the dead.

Clearly Federation cloaking devices have bio-neural gelpacks with zombie Tribble DNA.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-20-2012, 09:29 AM
They don't have time to fix anything, they're too busy coming up with pay to win c-store fluff for thier new PWE overlords.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
Yeah, no offense, but that always struck me as a load of bull. It took one patch to break it. So undoing whatever they did in that patch to break it should fix it.

That said, I think I figured out what's wrong with my cloaking device. Seeing as I haven't been using it, instead putting the Oberth battery in its spot, it's been sitting in my inventory. And replicating.

Two in the bank, two in my inventory, but there's only two Fed ships I could've possibly got them from. And when I discard one... it returns from the dead.

Clearly Federation cloaking devices have bio-neural gelpacks with zombie Tribble DNA.
0o...

Waiter! I'll have what he is having!
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-20-2012, 09:59 AM
i think its ridiculous they should fix it ...
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post

O_o

man what

Well.. now we know how Federation ships REALLY get built.

"When an Ambassador-class and an Excelsior-class love each other VERY much...."
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
Well.... you need to look in the mirror there some neighbor. What did you expect, this isnt a thread about peaches and cream and fluffy white things. We are discussing a game break issue and you ran in and fairly stated to those about that we didnt know what we were talking about.
What kind of reception did you expect?
To begin understanding another point of view, keep your mind open, but never waver from what you believe, yet never shut down you willingness to accept information from different views either.

now you want to complain because you are getting heat for it? Please, be mindful of the cliche, you cant take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
are you kidding me? someone said the bug should be fixed inside a week which is often never that simple. so by explaining that they tried once and failed and listing theoretical reasons why it might not be fixed in a week im clearly telling people they dont know what they are talking about? and i deserve to be insulted for it?

edit - i will change that last bit as i confused you with someone else. the rest i will leave as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-20-2012, 11:37 AM
I am the one who said it should of been fixed in a week and I still believe that. The fact is though, we are no longer speaking a week, two weeks or even six months. It has been over a year the bug still exists, and as far as I am concrned the excuses on why they haven't fixed it are invalid. They did a major environmental change in season 4 and had all of f2p development to correct the problem. I did not create this thread to give Cryptic a black eye, I created it to hold them to a standard I believe they need to uphold. To leave a basic mechanic in cloaking ships broken and untouched for over a year is not excusable at any level. The problem is they did nothing, and hoped the community would forget. If the community holds them responsible for their actions, inactions, and promises, the sooner we would have a game that we can be proud of. Most people don't post because they hate the game, but rather the opposite they love the game and want the best out of it. As far as personal attacks, I do not believe in it, but others are pasionate about subjects and entitled to their opinions. Sorry if you take it personal.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfrider
Congratulations Cryptic! Today we celebrate the one year anniversary of your patch breaking the cloaking device. Anyone who has used a ship that can cloak really appreciates any time a pop up occurs your de-cloaked if in a cloaked status. Now, since I do have a sense of humor, in honor of this auspicious occasion Id like to make a request. Get rid of all the pop ups, since most just click through them, and replace it with just two (one Klink the other Fed). The Klingon one should show a disheveled Orion female, in the text it should read Was that my butt that just hit the de-cloak button? Well thats ok, if today is a good day to die I need to fix my face. For the Federation side, just give us a nice smiling Dr. McCoy with the text Damn it Captain, Im a Doctor not a cloaking device. Im going to give Brandon a challenge, instead of the cheers nonsense, how about you come back and tell us that this bug is going to be fixed immediately. I think after a year, the cloaking community has been more than patient with Cryptic to fix a bug that should not have been allowed to exist more than week, let alone a year. Again, congratulations.
Is this a bug then, I stopped playing on the klink side because of this, the number of times i was popped because of this pop up de-cloaking me was unreal....lol
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManzelot
i think its ridiculous they should fix it ...
Why would they fix this when it's been two years and they haven't even fixed the error in the ship's pitch controls, which are reversed for up and down? That fix would take 30 seconds. It is literally just switching two words of text in the program: "Up" and "Down".