Lt. Commander
# 71
01-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
This whole issue, when I look at it as a whole, sounds completely ridiculous. I know there was a post looong ago that explained the intricacies of the issue. I can't seem to find it. Forgive me if I seem uninformed, but is it possible for Cryptic to just ditch all the current cloaking abilities in the game and just create brand new cloaking powers and have those replace the old ones? Ones that are NOT affected by dialogue pop-ups?
I think this may be what you are looking for.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...8&postcount=16
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith_Snipe
Yeah fixing major bugs is a lost cause. Who do these players think they are? Some of them act like they are actually spending money to play the game. Bunch of ungrateful people.
ROFL!!!! POWNED!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
I did several story missions yesterday with cloaking ships (Galaxy-X and Defiant-R) while level matching a friend who was levelling up, and to my surprise, I noted I wasn't being decloaked from the dialogue popups (was doing missions in the Romulan story arc).

So it seems like it's fixed in some places at least.
nice, i'll go chech those out! hey thanks for the Info Ainu, if they have something that IS working maybe we can help them out and point them to it.

Kind of like all being completely embarressed on that STOk'd episode where gamers had to show him the double shield issue that his own team could not duplicate. If I woulld of been Al, I would of been nice on camera, but totally steamed at my programmers who could not reproduce the issue. Once he was shown what it was, he knew 2 fixes right off the top of his head.

It simply shows they dont play and dont know their own game. Sure, they design it and know what it is "suppose" to do, but play the @#$! thing and see what it REALLY is doing...

Well Surfman... shall I get champaigne for week 55?
Lt. Commander
# 73
01-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
ROFL!!!! POWNED!!

nice, i'll go chech those out! hey thanks for the Info Ainu, if they have something that IS working maybe we can help them out and point them to it.

Kind of like all being completely embarressed on that STOk'd episode where gamers had to show him the double shield issue that his own team could not duplicate. If I woulld of been Al, I would of been nice on camera, but totally steamed at my programmers who could not reproduce the issue. Once he was shown what it was, he knew 2 fixes right off the top of his head.

It simply shows they dont play and dont know their own game. Sure, they design it and know what it is "suppose" to do, but play the @#$! thing and see what it REALLY is doing...

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the look of shock and awe slowly spreading across his face as STOked threw an issue at him that has been reported countless times SINCE BETA, and for which innumerable people were banned or otherwise censored for trying to bring to light.

Goes to show you that not only are they not playing the game on the same level as the players, but they are also not taking tickets seriously (and yes, I am calling shenanigans on his weak explanation that nobody ever gave a detailed method of reproducing the glitch up until STOked called him to the mat on it).

Champagne sounds nice.
Lt. Commander
# 74
01-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the look of shock and awe slowly spreading across his face as STOked threw an issue at him that has been reported countless times SINCE BETA, and for which innumerable people were banned or otherwise censored for trying to bring to light.

Goes to show you that not only are they not playing the game on the same level as the players, but they are also not taking tickets seriously (and yes, I am calling shenanigans on his weak explanation that nobody ever gave a detailed method of reproducing the glitch up until STOked called him to the mat on it).

Champagne sounds nice.
So why do you think he ignored it before, under your theory?
Lt. Commander
# 75
01-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Just because one developer didn't know about it, doesn't mean it's that developer's fault. I would blame a shoddy support system, rather than that one guy.
Lt. Commander
# 76
01-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
they said they tried to fix it before and if it was time consuming as they said and it failed to fix the problem then its time wasted. if they try to fix it again and the same problem persists then again its more time being wasted. all along there are a dozen other threads complaining about multiple other issues that also need fixing and are all important to someone. im not suggesting bugs should not be fixed, what im trying to explain is why something dont always get fixed.

try putting yourself into a devs shoes for a moment and imagine you have a limited amount of time and resources and one bug is causing your all kinds of problems, to track down, and fix without breaking everything else. do you waste valuable time on this one bug or do you admit defeat, at least for now, and try to fix everything else, or do you throw time and effort into one bug and ignore other stuff no matter how long and how time consuming it is? fixing bugs can even break other stuff. it may need to be timed to coincide with something else that is not due to be done for a couple of months so its best to wait and coordinate them together.

so yes things can become a lost cause under limited time and budget.
Sorry, I no longer except the same excuses over and over. It has been over a year. They have done several major overhauls to every maps environment in this time including the workup to f2p. This is a basic game mechanic to any ship that cloaks. The other problem is bugs that have existed since beta and launch still exist in the game untouched and all but forgotten. One of my favs is defeating the invaders in explore zones that all happen to spawn either on top of the buildings or underneath them. What Cryptic wants is for people to shut up and forget so they do not have to do anything. Sorry in this case not going to happen. I will whip the horse to hide, whip it to leather, continue until it is worn and falls off the body. I'll then find a new horse and start over again. It only becomes a lost cause if you do not hold them responsible and become as apathetic as they are.
Lt. Commander
# 77
01-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
For the record, I prefer Dewars and water. We can save the champagne for the day they actually fix this. By then it should be nice and aged.
Lt. Commander
# 78
01-27-2012, 04:20 PM
This has been very annoying to say the least. Just realized that the new KDF flagship will suffer the same flaw....
Lt. Commander
# 79 Week 55
02-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Well here we are another week and still no fix to the decloaking bug. It is fun to see they have time to mess with consoles, which true to Cryptic fashion rushed to to holo broken, yet still don't have time to fix a basic game mechanic for cloaking vessels. So I am sure I will be posting again next week just to remind Cryptic many of us still have not forgotten.