Lt. Commander
# 11
01-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Yes, def. drains more then it should -60, its not just typo bug.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-19-2012, 09:26 PM
It is only BTS: Shields from a Science (or Carrier) ship that seems to be broken.

Using my Engineer, I'll drop a Tac Cube shields with my RSV's inherent ability. With that same character using a BO trained with BTS: Shields 1 will not drop all facings.

Two things to note:
- It appears that only Science ship's inherent BTS: Shields is effected.
- The other three BTS:X on a Science ship are still at their normal values.
- For PvP, it seems that this is still operating as normal; a Science ship using BTS: Shields will not overly drain someone's shields*.

*Though this may be due to a variety of reasons: Players using EPtS, having skilled into Flow Capacitors, having higher than whatever the broken value's drain is, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-20-2012, 07:33 AM
The trainable BOff version is also broken. I trained it yesterday but quickly ditched it (and bug reported it) when I saw it was draining more than Target Shields 3. The drain on my MVAE was as follows;

Target Shields 3; -70
Target Shields 2; -58
Target Shields 1; -73

I can't quite remember but I'm fairly certain all the trained target Subsystems 1 skills were draining the same as the Shields. I'll check when I get back from work tonight.

I thought it may have been a UI bug but it was easily able to drop a Tac Cube's shields in several STFs without any other power drain in use but based on the drop in power drain from B:TSS3 and B:TSS2 it shouldn't have been draining enough at rank 1 to drop all shields.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
The trainable BOff version is also broken. I trained it yesterday but quickly ditched it (and bug reported it) when I saw it was draining more than Target Shields 3. The drain on my MVAE was as follows;

Target Shields 3; -70
Target Shields 2; -58
Target Shields 1; -73

I can't quite remember but I'm fairly certain all the trained target Subsystems 1 skills were draining the same as the Shields. I'll check when I get back from work tonight.

I thought it may have been a UI bug but it was easily able to drop a Tac Cube's shields in several STFs without any other power drain in use but based on the drop in power drain from B:TSS3 and B:TSS2 it shouldn't have been draining enough at rank 1 to drop all shields.
Interesting, this is in direct contrast to what I've seen. On my MVAE, a trained BTSS1 wasn't dropping shields whereas an inherent Science BTSS1 was.

I wonder what the correlation behind that would be - you'd think that it would at least be consistent in being broken across the board.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Not sure, I was running a couple of Flow Capacitor consoles and had 9 in Flow Capacitors to get the most drain from Tyken's and B:TS? skills but other than that my MVAE has nothing special and the BOff was just an Andorian Sci that I had that wasn't being used. I'll see if I can get a fleet mate to let me shoot at him later to see what the exact drain is.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Is target subsystem Shields broke since todays patch? Been testing the skill for the first time must have done 50+ shots in PvE and PvP and not taken down a single shield.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-23-2012, 01:44 PM
for the reccord, taking down a tact cubes shields is easy, they run like 50/50/50/50 with a drain resist, this is what i think not wat i know, its untestable to get exact numbers, but its cryptic id imahne 50/50/50/50 itsdef not 100/100/100/100 ive taken down a tact cubes shields with target 1, 2 and 3, also taken it down with Takyens rift 3 and a syphpon
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
for the reccord, taking down a tact cubes shields is easy, they run like 50/50/50/50 with a drain resist, this is what i think not wat i know, its untestable to get exact numbers, but its cryptic id imahne 50/50/50/50 itsdef not 100/100/100/100 ive taken down a tact cubes shields with target 1, 2 and 3, also taken it down with Takyens rift 3 and a syphpon
Have you done it recently? I tried the Bridge officer target shields and it had zero impact on cubes, players or any NPC ship even after dozens of hits.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2012, 08:16 PM
One thing I would want to know is if the subsystem target ability works like beam overload or does it work like fire at will? Aka , only the next beam weapon in the firing cycle 'fires' the attack or do all beams fire the attack (1 chance to proc vs. as many chances to proc as you have beam weapons).

anyone know?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2012, 09:27 PM
I do believe it is only one array that takes the bonus.