Lt. Commander
# 41
01-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Another movie, another step closer to further corrupt Gene's dream.

Death to JJ-Verse.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Another movie, another step closer to further corrupt Gene's dream.

Death to JJ-Verse.
Dude, lighten up. It's only a movie.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenatevi View Post
Dude, lighten up. It's only a movie.
Guess you don't see how JJ is screwing up Star Trek. Sad. The "why is Vulcan in STO" comments should speak for themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Guess you don't see how JJ is screwing up Star Trek. Sad. The "why is Vulcan in STO" comments should speak for themselves.
Those comments stem from the fact that the people seemed to have glossed over the entire scene where Spock explains that they are in an alternate universe now.

STO takes place in the Original Prime universe, not the JJ-Verse.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
Unsteady or shaky camera work can cause nausea and dizziness for some viewers, particularly in some large-screen formats. Perhaps you weren't aware of that.
I guess those people havnt watched many action movies since 1999 then. Seems like something pretty ****y to whine about so i put those people in the category of "weaklings" Thats where my klingon alt would have them
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-15-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Also, keep in mind that at the launch of EVERY subsequent series, there was a contingent complaining about how it was not "True Trek."

No true Scotsman and all that. . .
TNG isn't Trek--they're just debating all the time!
DS9 isn't Trek--they don't even serve on a spaceship!
VOY isn't Trek--they don't serve on an Enterprise!
ENT isn't Trek--they're too action-packed!
ST'09 isn't Trek--I saw character development that wasn't contingent on references to Memory Alpha!
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-15-2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
Don't be ridiculous. It was an action movie in the same vein as the original TV series.
Original TOS was "an action movie"? Are you from a parallel universe or something?

Anyway. When I think of the 2009 movie, all I see is Kirk is giving order to shoot at the Narada, which is going to be destroyed anyway within seconds.

Kirk: "So, Nero, do you want any help? You are like gonna die in seconds."
Nero: "No"
Kirk: "Oh, well. Then I just have some fun shooting at your ship before it implodes."
A bunch of Narada crewmen: "Wait, to hell with Nero, WE need help!"
Kirk: "Too late... Sux to be you..."
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvane View Post
Original TOS was "an action movie"? Are you from a parallel universe or something?

Anyway. When I think of the 2009 movie, all I see is Kirk is giving order to shoot at the Narada, which is going to be destroyed anyway within seconds.

Kirk: "So, Nero, do you want any help? You are like gonna die in seconds."
Nero: "No"
Kirk: "Oh, well. Then I just have some fun shooting at your ship before it implodes."
A bunch of Narada crewmen: "Wait, to hell with Nero, WE need help!"
Kirk: "Too late... Sux to be you..."
yeah because those guys did not have any chance in the last 28 years or what that they waited for the arrival of Spock to rebel vs. Nero, who obviously went insane a long time ago.

The real Problem i have with ST XI is that half the story is inside the friggen comic, would they have FILMED that comic and made the movie an 3 hour epic WITH Data as Captain of the E fighting of Remans, SHOWING the Destruction of Romulus, showing Admiral Picard talking to Spock about the mission he is embarking on with the Jelly Fish that was build by Geordi....

than that movie would be something SPECIAL.
i would like my Star Trek movies to be something SPECIAL to me.

My 2nd problem is that the JJ crew said in interviews that they will be doing a reboot of Trek so they can restart Canon and NOT make all those story errors that the others did in the *old* movies.

Yet they managed to make just as many Story errors as NEMSIS.

...Soooo.... just for example..... if the Enterprise ejects her Warpcore into a Red-Matter-created-Black-Hole it makes a HUGE blue explosion that closes the Wormhole AND propells the Enterprise away from it. ? OK....

Then why didn't the Warpcore of the Kelvin, the Ship that rammed into the Narada at the very beginning of the movie NOT make a huge big blue explosion that ripped the Ship apart?
But just a little fireball?

Red Matter? Magical time travel Wormholes?
A Romulan "mining Ship" that doesn't look anything like a Romulan Ship at all?

There are so many small and big errors that the reason why they rebooted it is already so bad that it could use another reboot for the same reason after the first movie.

All that said i actually LIKE the Movie... as a ACTION MOVIE.
I don't consider it Science Fiction any longer, yes it has Spaceships that do pew pew....
but couldn't they have spend 2 more seconds explaining what "external inertial dampeners" are good for other than having the effect of a handbrake?
Or why Spock knows how to TRANSWARP beam all of a sudden?
-> there was a Ferengi ( "Bok" ? ) on TNG who did this before and Data said something like it was to dangerous and that it was forbidden. ... i guess that is the reason why Scotty beamed into the Watercooling pipes?

...very scientific approach to show why Transwarp Beaming will not be used in the next 100 years, and why it will not completely replace Starships, i like Stargate, but i dont want Trek to turn into it.

ST XI is as much Star Trek as anything else, but somehow it still feels like a FAN MOVIE to me.
Which it is for the most part.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-15-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhakka View Post
I guess those people havnt watched many action movies since 1999 then.
Health problems or not, people are perfectly free to complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhakka View Post
Seems like something pretty ****y to whine about so i put those people in the category of "weaklings" Thats where my klingon alt would have them
Well, here's hoping *your* health never fails you. And with that, welcome my my Ignore list, sonny.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-15-2012, 08:44 AM
What would help the Star Trek franchise more would be a new tv series. New costumes, new ships and a deepening of the lore in general would help revitalize the fan base more than a movie prequel in an alternate timeline ever could.