Lt. Commander
So on looking at the options to buy more C-Points, I notice that there is no discount for bigger purchases. At first I was disappointed and dismayed by this. You mean you are not going to reward me and give me an incentive for making a larger purchase??

Then I thought about it. In my other MMORPG (a former Cryptic property, hint) I am saving up to buy a load of store points because I will not buy a smaller pack without the incentive. With the no incentive system Cryptic has, I could buy the smallest pack of points each week and not feel like I am missing anything.

While I could save up $6,25 a week for four weeks and buy 2000 points, I can just purchase 500 points a week for that $6.25 and spend some as I go instead of having to wait. I get the same amount of points either way.

In other games, if I saved up for four weeks I could get a more points than paying that money each week. But saving that money becomes problematic for someone, and they spend the money and never end up purchasing any points at all since they do not want to 'waste' their money on smaller packs of points.

(I hope that made sense)

Still in our society where you get more (or a discount) for bulk purchases, it kinda bugs me, but it also kinda makes sense. So I do not know whether to be happy or sad about it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2012, 08:06 AM
i always wondered why they never gave bulk purchases a discount. it does not have to be massive but it makes sense to me to get players to buy a larger quantity than they originally planned. players get a discount overall and cryptic get more money sooner.

i know the argument is people would probably still buy the same number of points anyway and a discount just loses cryptic money in the long run but its all about getting more money faster and worrying about down the road, later.

once people have points on their account they may spend it a little more freely. spending points is a lot easier then spending cash.