Lt. Commander
# 31
01-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzed View Post
Perfect times for all you guys and girls in America!

Shame some of your subscribers/players actually live in different parts of the world.

Another event missed because of your complete lack of understanding the world clock
You're absolutely right, and for that reasoning alone, i am with regret saddened to say that i will be cancelling my subscription when it reaches renewal deadline. This isnt made lightly but as a result of factors by the company that are completely US-Centric. Now ordinarily, I have no issue with this, but if you're going to accept my support of your brand in the form of my hard earned currency, then I believe its more than reasonable to expect consideration for those outside north america and the wider world. If thats unpallatable to PW/Cryptic, Then may I recommrnd you cease accepting international financial support.

Also, your maintenance times, more to the point the rugid nature of it, leaves ALOT to be desired. If youre going to be conducting it at primetime hours in Europe. Do you.not think its unfair we llose a better part of a day, while North American users are ALWAYS less imposed upon.

Thirdly, considering the current exchange rate, at least for the British pound, my subscription is worth almost double American subscriptions. I wont even mention buying cryptic points in the same vein.

Safe to say, this was the straw that broke the camels back, as the proverb goes. This even will primarily benefit your american subscribers. I believe via GMT the event starts at 8PM here and ends at 5AM.. Its even worse for those in Germany or Greece.

Is it so hard for you to be more considerate and less myopic? I dont thonk thats a lot to ask for.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias-Welsh
You're absolutely right, and for that reasoning alone, i am with regret saddened to say that i will be cancelling my subscription when it reaches renewal deadline. This isnt made lightly but as a result of factors by the company that are completely US-Centric. Now ordinarily, I have no issue with this, but if you're going to accept my support of your brand in the form of my hard earned currency, then I believe its more than reasonable to expect consideration for those outside north america and the wider world. If thats unpallatable to PW/Cryptic, Then may I recommrnd you cease accepting international financial support.

Also, your maintenance times, more to the point the rugid nature of it, leaves ALOT to be desired. If youre going to be conducting it at primetime hours in Europe. Do you.not think its unfair we llose a better part of a day, while North American users are ALWAYS less imposed upon.

Thirdly, considering the current exchange rate, at least for the British pound, my subscription is worth almost double American subscriptions. I wont even mention buying cryptic points in the same vein.

Safe to say, this was the straw that broke the camels back, as the proverb goes. This even will primarily benefit your american subscribers. I believe via GMT the event starts at 8PM here and ends at 5AM.. Its even worse for those in Germany or Greece.

Is it so hard for you to be more considerate and less myopic? I dont thonk thats a lot to ask for.

Wow - way to not read the post just prior to yours. Sorry again. But it's NOT Cryptic's fault!
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-13-2012, 06:27 PM

I'm a night person, so I'm always "inconvenienced" by the maintenance schedule even though i live in the US. there are ALWAYS going to be some people put out by when an event is held or when the servers are down, it's just a fact of life. Maintenance shedules have to follow Cryptic business hours, and as has already been mentioned, this "event' is community driven. Cryptic did NOT set it's schedule, those "selfish" people running the event on their own time and dime, and giving away STO points they paid for, are the ones who "selfishly" set the times.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzed View Post
Perfect times for all you guys and girls in America!

Shame some of your subscribers/players actually live in different parts of the world.

Another event missed because of your complete lack of understanding the world clock
Not on the West Coast of the U.S. it isn't as most of us work til 5:00 PM (sometimes 6:00 PM); and then have to wade through all the traffic to get home, etc.

Just saying.
Know where y'all are coming from on this. One think I'm interested in, there's no way I can swing being available.

Was kinda hoping this would have been more friendly to international and working players than what it is.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Will so be there ive already been preping the U.S.S. Avenger for battle in the pvp lol its going to be epic!
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-13-2012, 07:18 PM
How do you exactly win points during a live streaming of a character creation session?
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-13-2012, 07:21 PM
i cant be their even if i wanted too be as the event is during school hours......
why cant they set up an event thats going to take place for a 12 hours in all time zones.....
so the event takes place not just 12 hours but 12 hours in every time zone.....
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Welleven thow im shout that some people are foing to miss it or that the timing is in convenent for you im shour that they have studied there logs of peak hours of players online and have tried to accomidate as manny people as possable as im shour that it is not possable to please every one in the world they do what they can!
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShip
is that the Vesta class starship i see in the picture for this post orbiting ds9? I hope that means were final going to be able to get a Vesta class ship! YAY
No, I think that's the Sovereign class.

But I digress, Happy Free to Play Day everyone ! !
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias-Welsh

Sorry this event is inconvenient. But it's not Cryptic's fault, the event is being hosted by Massively.com. Cryptic only made us aware of the event.

Although I live in the U.S. I like many in the states work unconventional hours to make ends meet.
So I can sympathize with maintenance times interfering with playtime.
But I'd rather they fix what Cryptic needs to fix.