Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
So, does anyone here remember the DS9 episode where the Jem'Hadar shot squiggly purple beams from their nacelle pylons? Whaaaat? They never did?

Then why are STO's Jem'Hadar doing it? You can see it right HERE!

Compare that to the following well-reused scene... Or am I just nuts?

While we're on the subject, who remembers the time when the Jem'Hadar used the Subnucleonic Beam?
They DIDN'T, you say?
Well, I DO know that they did RAM people... Like the Odyssey and the other well-reused scene of the Vor'Cha...
So, when was the last time YOU were rammed by a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship?
Never, you say?

So, to the point. Since we know the Jem'Hadar are getting revamped for the coming FE... could you PLEASE make them a bit more... canon? Personally, I feel that it'd make the Jem'Hadar more fun to fight. And DO remember... you're reusing War-era Dominion in the FE, so realistically, it HAS to be canon.

Changes needed:
  • Convert Subnucleonic Beam on the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship NPCs to Ramming Speed.
  • Reskin Polaron beams to use the smoothness of a phaser beam and the color of a Tetryon beam. That way, there's be a discernible pattern of weapon FX (Orange/red smooth (pha), orange/red spiky(ap), green smooth (dis), green spiky (pla), blue smooth (pol), blue spiky (tet), or something like that).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Not sure about the ramming-replacement (we already have ramming in the game even though NPCs don't seem to use it) but it's been bugging me (no pun intended given it's also called a "bug ship") since I first encountered them that they don't use the proper VFX and SFX for their weapons.
So count me in, I'd like this corrected as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Not sure about the ramming-replacement (we already have ramming in the game even though NPCs don't seem to use it) but it's been bugging me (no pun intended given it's also called a "bug ship") since I first encountered them that they don't use the proper VFX and SFX for their weapons.
So count me in, I'd like this corrected as well.
There are NPCs that use it... Fek'lhri S'Kul Fighters.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Ice
There are NPCs that use it... Fek'lhri S'Kul Fighters.
*hand meets forehead* yup I somehow missed the fighter that's got that as it's specific function, you're right.
In any case, why shouldn't the JH fighters use both (SNB and ramming)?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
*hand meets forehead* yup I somehow missed the fighter that's got that as it's specific function, you're right.
In any case, why shouldn't the JH fighters use both (SNB and ramming)?
Because they never used SNB in the show. We saw it all of once in all of Trek, Penk used it to capture Seven and Tuvok's shuttle in VOY: Tsunkatse.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Guess they upgraded in the last 34 years.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Guess they upgraded in the last 34 years.
What about the FE Dominion that have been "lost" for 34 years? They'll be the same as when the Prophets wiped them from the Wormhole. THOSE guys will have to be canon, and they'd might as well update the rest while they're at it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Ice
Because they never used SNB in the show. We saw it all of once in all of Trek, Penk used it to capture Seven and Tuvok's shuttle in VOY: Tsunkatse.
Yes there are many things we never saw in combinations in the shows we see in this game.
Should combinations we never saw before therfore be removed?
Or do you mean because those we see in the FE might be 2370's incarnations they should not have this system because we did not see them use it?
Would it then not make sense to create two incarnations, one for the FE and one for the later time when the True Way versions at least have been modified to incorporate SNB as a new post-war system?

In addition we also know that some of the ships the Dominion used were appearently fitted with equipment that was of a more "scientific" (as in Electronic Warfare not research) kind yet admittedly not all of them were always showing the same capabilities, which could of course mean there are different variants fitted with different systems already in service during the Dominion War.

For example we saw JH fighters use the Antiproton Scanner in "The Search" and in "Once More Unto the Breach" the lead ship of the force hunting Martok's ships was using a long-range Scanner that could penetrate the cloak.
So IMO an alternative would also be to give the bug fighters Sensor Scan instead of SNB.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Yes there are many things we never saw in combinations in the shows we see in this game.
Should combinations we never saw before therfore be removed?
Or do you mean because those we see in the FE might be 2370's incarnations they should not have this system because we did not see them use it?
Would it then not make sense to create two incarnations, one for the FE and one for the later time when the True Way versions at least have been modified to incorporate SNB as a new post-war system?

In addition we also know that some of the ships the Dominion used were appearently fitted with equipment that was of a more "scientific" (as in Electronic Warfare not research) kind yet admittedly not all of them were always showing the same capabilities, which could of course mean there are different variants fitted with different systems already in service during the Dominion War.

For example we saw JH fighters use the Antiproton Scanner in "The Search" and in "Once More Unto the Breach" the lead ship of the force hunting Martok's ships was using a long-range Scanner that could penetrate the cloak.
So IMO an alternative would also be to give the bug fighters Sensor Scan instead of SNB.
Yes, but Jem'Hadar tactics use Ramming Speed, too. I agree with you on SS, but they DO need Ramming Speed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-13-2012, 11:39 AM
No question.
What I meant is that it does not need to have only one nasty ability which is why I asked if it can't have both (in this case whichever the other is).
We know the Warbird got several when it was updated for the Reman Arc so the JH could be upgraded with several abilites too.
FE-series model might get Ramming and Sensor Scan while the STO era model might get Ramming replaced with SNB.
Why?
These are Alphas that are under control by the True Way, not actual Dominion Soldiers so my idea in this regard is they might be considered less of a throw-away force, not for humanitarian reasons but because the True Way might be lacking resources to replace them in large quantities.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:13 PM.