Lt. Commander
# 1 STF Borg Salvage
01-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Right now we get the 2 types of borg salvage from the STFs. Most of the time you get at least 1 of each which means that if you want the MK XI set of both space & ground, you would need to do at least 120 STFs each to get enough salvage. Thats just based on you getting one of the uncommon types each round, which doesn't happen all the time but most of the time. Since you can't use the rare salvage to buy the sets, wouldn't it be better to have them converted into the uncommon salvage? I know the rare salvage is used to buy the non set stuff which is fine but once you get all you need, they kinda become useless. So why not have them be able to convert 1 rare into 2 uncommon or something like that?

Also, it would be nice to be able to convert one of the set pieces into the uncommon or rare salvage. I know that isn't likely to happen but would be nice for those who made the wrong rank of one by mistake like I did last night. Forgot I had gotten a MK XI drop for a engine a few weeks ago & used 20 uncommon salvage to make a shield in the set only to find out they don't work together even though they are both MACO.

I know people are going to say you get set piece drops from the STFs but since the sets have come out, I've only gotten 1 piece each for space & ground, the engine & a gun. And thats after doing around 200 of space & ground each. Which kinda iritates me since I know people who have gotten both sets of each doing the same amount of STFs. Someone should really look into that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2012, 09:54 AM
I wish for a trade or converter, their should be a place where I can trade a shield tech, for a deflector tech, if I already have a shield, also the drops could be a little more consistent, you say they are pretty common? I once ran over 35 stf's in a row without getting a single piece of tech or salvage, that's too rare, that's downright maddening. in fact in over 150 stf's ran with 10 different toons I've only ever gotten 2 pieces of tech!
I get that its suppose to be a hard to get but this is ridiculous!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2012, 11:17 AM
I think I might have confused some. I meant the uncommon salvage (encrypted data chip) & the rare borg salvage. On most of the STFs I do I usally get at least 1 rare & 1 data chip. To get the MK XI space & ground sets, lets say just the MACO set, you would need 120 data chip for space & 120 for ground. Thats 240 data chips! And thats if you just get 1 data chip for each STF & no drops . The set drops needs to be looked at IMO. It's irritating when you can do 200 STFs & get only 2 set drops & others can do the same amount & get a complete set of drops. I mean, is there a particular reason they get the drops more than others? Some accolade or something they have that I don't? STFs are basicly all I do now since there isn't any new content & I hate doing foundry missions. Its very frustrating at times.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowseye
I think I might have confused some. I meant the uncommon salvage (encrypted data chip) & the rare borg salvage. On most of the STFs I do I usally get at least 1 rare & 1 data chip.
If you're getting rare salvage virtually every time, drop what you are doing and run to Vegas.

Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2012, 09:19 PM
DON'T FORGET PROTOTYPE CHIPS FOR 12 GEAR

slowlwly let them out I was lucky to snag one and upgrade quantumsto 12
along with MACO shields
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2012, 05:06 AM
you get 1 edc on normal and 2 on elite. and the double if your doing it on a stf event weekend(like cursed or kithomer). as far as i can sy i have about 40 rare borg salvage and 30 very rare borg salvage not much use to them now just turning them in for Dilithium as i have allready mk XII weapons and all mk XI sets what i need is the prototyp tech for mk XII sets and there are extrem low in drop.
Lt. Commander
# 7 weird
01-29-2012, 05:51 AM
I totally agree with this, The ability to convert the rare salvages into Encrypted datas, or even just having the choice of buying sets using the rare salvage would be nice. Some form of progression.

the 1:2 ratio would be nice, no-one uses rare salvage, maybe at first, i used maybe 1 to get a kit i was missing on a newer char and thats it.

I have been testing the waters for the so called "drop rate increase for tech" they announced awhile ago by alternating two chars doing the same missions, KA grounde lite and infected space elite because they are by far the quickest to complete. I am currently sitting on a combined 96 runs on elite so far and I have yet to get a tech, across all chars, I have sets on 3 and partial on 3 others, and 1 have gotten 1 common salvage from a quick cure space run. so I am sitting on roughly 200+ runs and so far have 1 common crappy *** salvage. Come on man!

either way i still use my borg "Retro-tech" because it levels with me and is still a better set over the new ones, come-on what the hell is the use of mask energy signature and a freakin weakened version of magnetometric overload? reallly? give me my hull and shield buff anyday.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm glad to see that at least some people agree with me. Maybe if we keep pestering the devs they will make the change.