Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
So does STO, what's your point?

Unless you meant to say that "Phantasy Star Online has 2 separate slider(s) for the boobies."

STO does not! :p
PSO2's slider lets you... "Adjust them in 3D".

Did you watch the video that was centered around it? Hilarious stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Oh no you didn't!

Phantasy Star 1, 2 and 4 had limited if any character customization outside of the usual rpg ones. (stats and gear mainly)
Phantasy Star 3 was similar. However you could decide which woman/man to marry and therefor had some slight power over appearance. (I so do not count this as a spoiler.)
-
Phantasy Star Online 1 to Episode1+2 and Episode 4 had limites options. Faces and hair and change of color. Size and height was also available.
Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 was in a similar boat.
-
Phantasy Star Universe went the step further and opened up with further by letting you select various facial features and accessories for the hair. And a tailor.
Phantasy Star Portable 1-3(ok... 2) had identical system albeit with more accessories and outfits.
-
Phantasy Star Online 2 has a separate slider for the boobies.
-

*cough hack wheeze* Never again. *faints*
Instructs Level 150 ranger character to pull out his meteor smash and aim it at the above post ^^ . PSO had great customization options for way back in the day in the year 2000. PSU was 2005-2006 so that preceded STO. Phantasy 2 took it one step further. Don't be so harsh! LOLz
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
Agreed. It was a fun link to check out.

The PS artists did a great job and the morphing feature looks fun to play around with, but I very much like the overall approach of our current interface (minus some bugs and quibbles).

I am very much in favor of a k.i.s.s. approach to a very plain (boring) limited background for my character to be on top of while I am customizing. I don't need fancy art behind them to keep me interested in customizing (since it's something I love to do), what I need is a nice neutral, unobtrusive back ground that lets my toons keep the 'spotlight' of where my eye and my attention are focused while I am working on them.

But still, a cool link. Glad you got it working. Thanks!
Can you still agree that we should have the character in the center of the screen instead of the on the side? It can't of detracts from what we are supposed to be customizing, doesn't it?

Edit: Cryptic could always have the retro option for players who'd like to revert to the old-style customization menus.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
STO does not! :p
PSO2's slider lets you... "Adjust them in 3D".

Did you watch the video that was centered around it? Hilarious stuff.
Those sega devs were having too much fun with the boob slider. It was kind of creepy actually because they got all quiet and whispery when they got to that part of the presentation. haha.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Instructs Level 150 ranger character to pull out his meteor smash and aim it at the above post ^^ . PSO had great customization options for way back in the day in the year 2000. PSU was 2005-2006 so that preceded STO. Phantasy 2 took it one step further. Don't be so harsh! LOLz
Yes yes it did for its time.
Face, hair,skin color, hair color and outfit color.
Changing skin color changed the face makeup and changing outfit color could change certain parts.(Pink Fonewearl was my favorite)

And totally forgot about Phantasy Star Zero.
And now I'm not gonna mention that game again.


Oh and Demolition comet in your face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Those sega devs were having too much fun with the boob slider. It was kind of creepy actually because they got all quiet and whispery when they got to that part of the presentation. haha.
Totally. Could build a game with just that slider and people would buy it. Oh they would buy it so hard.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Yes yes it did for its time.
Face, hair,skin color, hair color and outfit color.
Changing skin color changed the face makeup and changing outfit color could change certain parts.(Pink Fonewearl was my favorite)

And totally forgot about Phantasy Star Zero.
And now I'm not gonna mention that game again.


Oh and Demolition comet in your face.

Totally. Could build a game with just that slider and people would buy it. Oh they would buy it so hard.
My favorite characters were Fonewearl and Hunewearl. Glad to know there are some phantasy star fans among the STO playerbase. Could somebody cast a reverser spell to revive me plz? That demolition comet just pwned me Q_Q.

Lol, I hope the boob slider isn't the real reason why the playerbase is upset with the devs. I bet Freud would have thought so if he psychoanalyzed us male STO players. Runs away from creepy psychologists! Wait, could they be right? No way! Keeps on running away.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelus
I think my favorite character creation system was featured in ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE_Ake-mh4U

It really did an amazing job with the face and hair, offering alot of variety. Plus the interface was simple to use and uncluttered.
Fast forward to 3:31 of that video. Notice how the character he/she is customizing is smack dab in the middle and large enough that you can what's going on? That's how STO's menu should be. Thanks for sharing Obelus .

The problem with the current customization screen is that the options take up most of the screen with your character/BO relegated to the periphery. If they started with the character in the middle and built the options around him or her, it would look much neater and smooth IMO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher-Soldier
Agreed. It was a fun link to check out.

The PS artists did a great job and the morphing feature looks fun to play around with, but I very much like the overall approach of our current interface (minus some bugs and quibbles).

I am very much in favor of a k.i.s.s. approach to a very plain (boring) limited background for my character to be on top of while I am customizing. I don't need fancy art behind them to keep me interested in customizing (since it's something I love to do), what I need is a nice neutral, unobtrusive back ground that lets my toons keep the 'spotlight' of where my eye and my attention are focused while I am working on them.

But still, a cool link. Glad you got it working. Thanks!
Wouldn't if it be cool if at the end of the customization process it showed your character firing a phaser rifle at some borg or if it showed your Klingon fighting a short bat'leth battle? I think it would be pretty cool. Cryptic could have these special scenes show up only after your main character is finished being customized (at the start of the game) in order to save time for people wanting to do it quickly in-game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Other than the problems with missing costume pieces on the different genders and the misplacing of some species specific pieces (something that has occurred as a side effect as more and more patches have been added), I like STOs customization just as it is now. The manual customization for each section is actually more flexible than Fantasy Star's... and the characters don't look all anime and the backdrop doesn't have all of those goofy wannabe sci-fi graphics that are not necessary to customization at all.

In short, no thanks. No offense meant, I just prefer the simplicity of STOs customization style.


I think STO customization is "okay" but not "great." Every human male looks like every other human male in the STO universe. I don't like that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-13-2012, 02:26 PM
I own and played Phantasy Star Universe and Phantasy Star Universe Ambition of the Illuminus. All I saw new in that video from the character customization of Phantasy Star Universe was, extra clothing options. And maybe the over used boobies slider.

No, I think we are fine with what we have. Though, I wouldn't mind being able to make a Cast in STO.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:55 PM.