Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
01-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Something I learned back in beta is always make aliens just to be able to access a grater range from the sliders that are available in sto. Truth is it still needs more if you donít want your humans to look like siblings 80% of the time. Sliders Like eye rotation cheek bone x,y positioning noise tip rotation. A good amount more really canít remember all of them not been in game since August about. Like somebody else pointed out something like aionís character creation face options would be amazing.

Did anything ever come of the new hair tech that was being talked about oh so long ago? sto could use more of that also.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingshoebox View Post
Something I learned back in beta is always make aliens just to be able to access a grater range from the sliders that are available in sto. Truth is it still needs more if you donít want your humans to look like siblings 80% of the time. Sliders Like eye rotation cheek bone x,y positioning noise tip rotation. A good amount more really canít remember all of them not been in game since August about. Like somebody else pointed out something like aionís character creation face options would be amazing.

Did anything ever come of the new hair tech that was being talked about oh so long ago? sto could use more of that also.
I'd like an ear size slider. Champs has one.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'll also add from experience playing around with setting a partial transparency overlay and tracing faces in STO that STO men have too much definition forced into their base complexion so women get more noticeable value from slider adjustments...

And, also, most real life men have at least one feature that is outside the ranges that the sliders allow for, causing custom alien men to look more diverse and believable. Seriously, instead of making a wacky alien, try making a realistic looking guy. Custom alien men look more real and diverse because of the variety.

And, as always, there's a HUGE lack of diversity if you want all of your men to have short hair (there's not a single canon haircut in the bunch... in particular, the absence of arrow shaped sideburns which Starfleet men are required to have if they don't wear a beard and they aren't bald), just as there's a lack of diversity if you want your women or Klingon men to have long hair.
You're always so freakishly insightful, no matter the topic!

You're causing me to develop an inferiority complex!
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rswfire View Post
You're always so freakishly insightful, no matter the topic!

You're causing me to develop an inferiority complex!
Lol, everyone on here is pretty hardcore Star-trek in some way. I wouldn't say I'm hardcore, but I do love star-trek. Don't think of it as something bad that should make us feel inferior. Think of it as something good because people like him are always providing great feedback that will go towards improving the game for you, I, and everyone else.

Oh, and thanks for posting in here everyone. There are some great ideas-ear slider, less crazy and random human and klingon presets, etc. Let's keep the ball rolling.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Here's another idea for the devs. Since F2P is coming up in 3 days, why not make it a little easier for the
F2P players to get immersed? Here's how. Make federation and Klingon look alike presets for our favorite star-trek characters: Captain Kirk, Spock, Sulu, Picard, Riker, Data, Geordi Laforge (reading rainbow super star), Dianna Troy, Beverly Crusher, Jadzia Dax, Sisko, Kira Nerys, Khan, Worf, Chancellor Gowron, Captain Archer, Malcom Reed, Travis Mayweather, T'Pol, and one of my personal favorites-Shran. There are many more, but in the interest of time and space, I'll let you all make more suggestions. Keep in mind that the learning curve for new players is pretty steep so having some nicer presets to start out with would really help new players feel more welcome.

You don't have to include all of those at first, but you could certainly start off with 5 or 6 of the captains like Kirk, Picard, Sulu, Janeway, Sisko, and Archer.

Edit: In the interest of copyrights and such, Cryptic wouldn't label them with their real names.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-14-2012, 08:39 PM
If anything needs to be added we should have the ability to change eye shape, like in Guild Wars 2 for example.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-15-2012, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
What's needed for faces are more nose/eye styles, ie. a Humanoid 03, 04, etc. head type and more varieties of facial complexion that aren't dramatically aged but have lines in different places, baked in stubble, freckles, etc.
I'm totally blaming the stubble for every man looking different yet similar.
The only way to get rid of it is Base Complexion: Standard 02(ok not really) but then you got different eyes.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-15-2012, 03:22 AM
APB's customization blows all of this out of the water.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Songbird-
APB's customization blows all of this out of the water.
Can you post a video of it for us please? Also, tell us why it is so much better than STO. What features does it have that STO does not? What could STO learn from it?
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Oh god Phantasy Star Online 2. I am so stoked for that.