Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
01-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
I tried it on my eng/def after you Data, cuz of what you said in OPvP, and I struggled at times. Got in an overly long 1v1 with a tac/def who was out-turning me like crazy during an arena match. Couldn't get him below 50% hull for the longest time. Meanwhile, I kept on staying alive cuz of my engie powers and a healer on my team who came over to help me, fortunately. At least the chat became entertaining after the healer and I finally popped our opponent - he starting whining in chat and calling me a noob because I needed help. Sad. I didn't thank my healer, so if you're out there, thanks for the good teamwork. I think his name was Richard and he was in a nebula.

In the arena before that, I seemed to do well enough, but didn't see shields dropping any quicker at all. Overall, sometimes I did ok with them, other times, I had great difficulty putting any dents in my opponents' shields. I don't know, maybe I need to do more testing on one of my tacs...
I was in a raptor with leech console and Borg TB. I don't know if you are on tonight we can 1 v 1.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
01-17-2012, 12:45 PM
I'll probably be on later tonight in between loads of laundry. Just gotta transfer those tet weapons over to either V'Lor or V'Ril.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
01-17-2012, 12:46 PM
I might be misunderstanding the math. Its my understanding that the proc is once every shot, and is a 2.5% chance to activate. Now with phasers its one of 4 systems. So to off line the system you want its 25% of 2.5% or 0.0625% for each of the systems.
The results your seeing with tet may have more to do with the proc to do reduce shields.
I don't do pvp I'm week in that area. So I'd be no challenge, but I'm looking to learn.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
01-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurga
I might be misunderstanding the math. Its my understanding that the proc is once every shot, and is a 2.5% chance to activate. Now with phasers its one of 4 systems. So to off line the system you want its 25% of 2.5% or 0.0625% for each of the systems.
The results your seeing with tet may have more to do with the proc to do reduce shields.
I don't do pvp I'm week in that area. So I'd be no challenge, but I'm looking to learn.
I think it rolls per system. In essence a shot can do this 1) miss, 2) do normal damage, 3)crit. Now if a shot hits it rolls based on a percentage to proc and rolls aux, shields, weapons, engines, facing, or does nothing. So 2.5% it procs Aux to offline, no, 2.5% it procs shields offline, no, 2.5% it procs shield facing offline, no, 2.5 it procs engines offline, no, 2.5% it proc weapons offline, yes. So the roll on the systems is until a yes or a no on one pass if you get a no it is either normal damage or a crit. That is the only logical way to explain its inordinately proc rate which I believe many have said is probably closer to 15% that it procs a system randomly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
01-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurga
I might be misunderstanding the math. Its my understanding that the proc is once every shot, and is a 2.5% chance to activate. Now with phasers its one of 4 systems. So to off line the system you want its 25% of 2.5% or 0.0625% for each of the systems.
The results your seeing with tet may have more to do with the proc to do reduce shields.
I don't do pvp I'm week in that area. So I'd be no challenge, but I'm looking to learn.
Math is a little off. Lets say it is a dice roll 1-100 and to get a proc you need to roll a 1,2 or 3.

So someone shoots at you with one phaser shot the roll begins. Aux system you roll a 5 no proc, Engine you roll a 99 no proc, weapons you roll a 34 no proc, shield s you roll a 4 no proc, shield facing that took a hit rolls a 2, the shield facing is now down. Now imagine this from an escort that is using 3 DHC and 3 turrets, my estimate is you are probably getting hit 20-30 shots if not more if the escort is running CRF3. It will probably be even higher if the escort is running regular dual cannons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
01-17-2012, 03:48 PM
my main fed tac/defiant Damian Gryphon will most likely stay with tetryons over the antiproton. i had a hard time explaining to my fleeties on teamspeak exactly why. point blank, it just feels better. i feel more consistant, and i also feel like i actually do more overall damage.

good luck with your testing.

horizon
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
01-17-2012, 04:09 PM
the only reason tetryons would be working well is because no on has any equipment that defends against it, and it might have better [modifiers] then average like some have claimed. its proc is a joke, its a set amount of extra damage to shields, think its like 147 or something, and that number does not scale with level. at mk 6 all the way to mk 12 it does the same extra damage. might be a good choice at commander, but after that don't use them for their proc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
01-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the only reason tetryons would be working well is because no on has any equipment that defends against it, and it might have better [modifiers] then average like some have claimed. its proc is a joke, its a set amount of extra damage to shields, think its like 147 or something, and that number does not scale with level. at mk 6 all the way to mk 12 it does the same extra damage. might be a good choice at commander, but after that don't use them for their proc.

Hmm my extra damage is a little north of -200 when it procs and I have noticed a lot of procs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
01-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Hmm my extra damage is a little north of -200 when it procs and I have noticed a lot of procs.
im pretty sure the damage is buffed by skills and consoles you have equipped, just like the normal damage. still, you could equip a mk 6 and a mk 12 and the tool tip will show the same proc damage
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:24 AM.