Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Since a recent patch I have found that myself and multiple other players are unable to train their Science Bridge Officers in certain skills that their Science Captain Should be able to train. As far as I can tell, this problem only affects Federation Science Captains.

If you login to your Federation Science officer and respec as needed since the most recent skills revamp, you might eventually discover something odd... Open your Status window and hit your Train Officer button. You might find that all of the skills that you should be able to train your officers in are doubled. As in, each power is listed twice. Click on one and you won't be able to train any of your officers in the particular skill and click on the other and it behaves normally.

Can't Train Science Team III or Hypospray Dylovene III

The caveat to the above noted bug is that in certain cases, even though the officer whould be able to be trained in a particular skill, you will get the message that 'This officer can not learn this skill', no matter which of the duplicate powers you click on. Science Team III and Hypospray Dylovene III are 2 examples of skills that Federation Science Captains currently can not train their officers in because of this problem.

This is affecting Multiple Users

I have verified that at least 3 other people besides myself are experiencing this issue. I checked my KDF Science officer to see if there was a similar problem but there wasn't. It seems like it's only affecting the Feds at this time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2012, 04:34 AM
go ahead and add

"Electro-Gravitic Field III" to that list LupineLunatic

-
Lt. Commander
# 3 Forgot about that one.
01-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentExeider View Post
go ahead and add

"Electro-Gravitic Field III" to that list LupineLunatic

-
I had discovered that one, too but when I was posting I was so tired I had forgotten about it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2012, 02:12 PM
I have this problem to...

When I log into STO and i open the Train officer window, i only see a few skills that I can train my bo's.
And you can train those, but when you close and then open the window you see all the skills you can train, but you see them twice. Once highlighted and once grayed out.
And cant use those to train your's BO's...

Hope this is fixed soon, hope before 17/01...

Grt Mike
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Other people from the fleet also have tis problem...

This happend for me after the ground skills were changed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem but it started for me a few patches back. I could see Sci Team III but not actually train anyone. Now it doesn't even appear on my list as a skill I can train.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2012, 07:56 PM
I just encountered this bug less than an hour ago.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-23-2012, 05:46 AM
I have this too :/
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-23-2012, 09:58 AM
I noticed they fixed the description under the skill tree for Science Team III (it correctly states that a science captain can train this skill if 6 skill points are applied), BUT I still can't train any of my sci boffs in this skill. One odd thing I noticed is the science team III skill is repeated twice under my skills to train (like many other science skills). Neither of them work to train my boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-23-2012, 06:18 PM
I cannot train my bridge officers to use Science Team III either.
I even fired one of my science officers and replaced him (sorry for ruining your career, pal) and I couldn't train his replacement either.