Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Rivera @CaptainGeko
We played the first playable version of a brand new Klingon episode today. It was sweet! Lots if new fun gameplay and Klingon bad-assery.
https://twitter.com/#!/CaptainGeko

His tweet didnt use the word "exclusive", but the fact that he specifically said "Klingon episode" makes me wonder. If the KDF is in fact getting a good amount of new content, that will make those 2 FEs a little more acceptable.

***edit***

Bad news:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...90#post3956190
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2012, 09:43 AM
I sure hope so, the Klingons really need the same amount of exclusive missions as the Feds. If they are exclusive they could very well be the "missing" missions from the earlier Klingon levels.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/CaptainGeko

His tweet didnt use the word "exclusive", but the fact that he specifically said "Klingon episode" makes me wonder. If the KDF is in fact getting a good amount of new content, that will make those 2 FEs a little more acceptable.
I can't remember where it was said but it was mentioned that Klingon are going a good few new missions, I will have to spend some time digging through old posts to find where/what was said though.

Edit:

Quote:
In the future, we are discussing something similar to a Klingon “expansion” that would backfill levels 0-20 with a Klingon tutorial and enough episode missions so that they would (finally) be on par with Fed PVE. At that time we would finally allow players to create a Klingon at level 1 as their first character. The time frame for this is sometime in 2012, but we are in initial discussions with Perfect World about our schedules and it will be a while before I can share specifics.
Yes this was from you know who but there have been other occasions I have seen something mentioned of new Klingon content being added, I shall search further.

Edit 2: I'm starting to wonder if what I am trying to find was actually a comment by a Dev in the TTS public channel back during Beta testing of season 5.....
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2012, 09:47 AM
I saw that and it took me back a bit. If they are scrambling to make the DS9 series then where the heck did this one come from and are there any more?

i do think the 2-3 series a year is in part taking more klingon content into account. if the klingon update is still slated for 2012 then some resources must be going into klingon eps this year.

this is where more clarity from the devs would be helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I saw that and it took me back a bit. If they are scrambling to make the DS9 series then where the heck did this one come from and are there any more?

i do think the 2-3 series a year is in part taking more klingon content into account. if the klingon update is still slated for 2012 then some resources must be going into klingon eps this year.

this is where more clarity from the devs would be helpful.
They are bringing in more devs (as evidenced by this page). Perhaps the 2-3 series a year prediction was just playing it on the safe side.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-14-2012, 09:53 AM
KDF exclusive Content? is this some sort of dream?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-14-2012, 09:54 AM
If they are making a bunch of Klingon eps, then I'm cool with there not being as many feature episodes this year.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If the KDF is in fact getting a good amount of new content, that will make those 2 FEs a little more acceptable.
It certainly would. If it is the case Mr. D’Angelo could have saved himself a ton of flak if he had come out and said: "Guys, I know you want more than 2, maybe 3 if we can squeeze it in, Featured Series per year. But with all the work we're trying to do to create more Klingon missions it's just not likely right now." And if it is the case then it's yet further proof that Cryptic needs to hire a competent PR person.

Given the choice between: A) 2 Featured Series (3 if we're lucky) this year and a minimum of 12 new KDF missions, or B) 5 Featured Series (6 if we're lucky) and no new KDF story content, I'm going to take "A" every time.

However, if the choice they're actually working on is: C) 2 Featured Series (3 being "Epic Win" if we're lucky), 4 KDF episodes, and a ton of minor events like the Winter Wonderland spread through the rest of the year I'm going to start believing that the Dev team is actively trolling us.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
It certainly would. If it is the case Mr. D’Angelo could have saved himself a ton of flak if he had come out and said: "Guys, I know you want more than 2, maybe 3 if we can squeeze it in, Featured Series per year. But with all the work we're trying to do to create more Klingon missions it's just not likely right now." And if it is the case then it's yet further proof that Cryptic needs to hire a competent PR person.

Given the choice between: A) 2 Featured Series (3 if we're lucky) this year and a minimum of 12 new KDF missions, or B) 5 Featured Series (6 if we're lucky) and no new KDF story content, I'm going to take "A" every time.

However, if the choice they're actually working on is: C) 2 Featured Series (3 being "Epic Win" if we're lucky), 4 KDF episodes, and a ton of minor events like the Winter Wonderland spread through the rest of the year I'm going to start believing that the Dev team is actively trolling us.
I agree with everything you just said
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-14-2012, 11:23 AM
I'll believe it when it hits Holodeck, not until then.
Well...maybe when it hits Tribble.
Otherwise it's just more talk about more "Klingon content"
Here's some more talk:
http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios