Lt. Commander
hey all as title reads. i'm having trouble playing sto and tor when this happens. sto recovers slightly better than tor but it happens over and over and makes either game unplayable. everything else seems to run fine.

i never changed my drivers. everything had been running fine for ages. it actually started happening during the course of game play.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2012, 05:04 AM
What kinda video card is it.
Are you sure it has been updated.
And what Windows are you running.
We need system Specs for this kinda issue.
That is not much info too go on for us too help you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2012, 05:58 AM
ok graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512

intel quad core 2. @ 2.5hz
8gb ram

drivers wasn't that old but they was a whql from last summer i think. everything has been running fine until 3 days ago.

i tried making sure i had the most up to date drivers. which never helped. infact i think made things worse.

only things that i might have been updated was windows 7.

i now can't run my pc normally while using the graphics card unless it's in safe mode.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Which drivers
02-05-2012, 06:03 AM
Did you use nvidia drivers from there website or the drives from the manufacturer disk. I had this when i used nvidia drivers but when i download the files from the manufacturers (asus) it was fine worked great.

not always the cause but somethimes there are slight differances between them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinwall1981 View Post
Did you use nvidia drivers from there website or the drives from the manufacturer disk. I had this when i used nvidia drivers but when i download the files from the manufacturers (asus) it was fine worked great.

not always the cause but somethimes there are slight differances between them.
i was using drivers from nvidia site.

thanks for the tip i will have a look on asus now. i thought they was like 1 and the same. drivers doing the exact same job.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzaG View Post
i was using drivers from nvidia site.

thanks for the tip i will have a look on asus now. i thought they was like 1 and the same. drivers doing the exact same job.
usually they are the same but the code from nvidia site are sometimes mist from that of asus. On there site they say its best to use the manufacters ones (asus) as they will be writtern esp for your card type

try it if it fails drop us a line try something else
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2012, 06:41 AM
well installing drivers gets me to this situation atm.

restart pc..... black screen......... long wait...... followed by auto restart and being prompted in to safe mode choices
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Do you know witch version of windows you got is it 32bit or 64bit

If it is 64 make sure you get the 64bit drivers if you place 32bit if will F it up.

did you up grade from Vista or Windows Xp. be cause like i said your Drivers are probably all wrong.When you do a Upgrade you have too make sure you wipe the HD first then install the new windows Fresh be cause of this if you install a new windows with a Exsiting windows it can and will mess up your system.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcom46 View Post
I've done this stuff + defragged + uninstalled-reinstalled about 7 times, and STO still sends my comp into a system crash. It's been doing that ever since Season 4: Missfire, and I posted 2 "help me" threads in here. The problem I have has something to do with the auto Team/Fleet aspects they implemented because ALL of my 20+ toons who were in my fleet were inaccessible, and every time I got a Team/Fleet invite or tried to do PvP with a non-fleeted toon, the comp crashed.

While on Champions Online (same company and NOT effing up my comp,) a player in STO PvP chat suggested I turn off On Demand Patching at the log in screen. I did that and was able to access all my characters....

....until the mid January patch was applied. Now I can't even play ANY of the characters - Fleet or non-Fleet - because STO makes the comp take a dump. I never had problems playing STO prior to Season 4, and was a total fanboy, but the lack of any real help from Cryptic's end really ****ed me off since I'd spent a chunk of cash on their game + was an avid supporter.

Good luck getting help from Cyptic on this one.