Lt. Commander
THis game is failing because there is no PVP in it worth playing. I admit I am also an Eve player and when STO came out I thought it was going to be great. BUt since there is no OPEN pvp, this game is nothing but a grind. No epic battles, no invading the neutral zone, nothing that made Star Trek the great franchise that it is. Its nothing but WOW in space. So hopefully this will change or this game will be gone in another year. And I hate that thought.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2012, 12:53 PM
This game wishes it was wow in space. At least then we would have more than 2 game types... that are done poorly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2012, 02:12 PM
cryptic claims "pvp is strong" and "has a number of things going for it right now", but then again, cryptic makes more claims than all the rice in china. The "massive" klink revamp may or may not "include some updates to PvP", and they may or may not "have some new stuff in the work for PvP as well".

All we can do is wait and see, I'm not getting my hopes up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Reason I don't think the game will die: role players.

Most of them don't pvp and are okay with playing the same missions over and over. Or creating them in the foundry.

Sad tho. Half the time I'm in game I'm kinda poking around in kerrat doing nothing. Chatting up in opvp. Testing out yet another build. Nothing new. Hate leveling. On the bright side my doffs get great missions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2012, 05:10 PM
We are (us forumites) suppossedly the smallest subsection of STO players....
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-14-2012, 05:15 PM
might be smallest, but one thing they need to remember. We are the largest amount of players based on a single aspect of the game.

It's like EvE. 0.0 space has their smallest player population. I think 60, 000 or so (yes 60k) but its the largest group of players in the game playing one type of content.

The others who play this game are spread around doing other stuff. This game can still cater to the pvp crowd and the pve crowd, the pve stuff is already there, we just need some love.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
We are (us forumites) suppossedly the smallest subsection of STO players....
yeah roach, and we mostly dont even run into each other. like half and half i'd say. half the posters i run into now and again, half rarely if ever.

doesnt matter tho, we enjoy being here and helping others with their builds and piloting..and welll just ideas in general. i dont have the time to post in the shipyards forums, i'd be doing nothing on my free time but read and write about sto.

gg "forumites"

gg opvp

horizon
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-14-2012, 08:21 PM
It's good for Klingons, since they inheritantly rule PVP. I certainly thought Klingon ships were a lot weaker than Federation ships because of size, technology, and power. I mean, I shouldnt bang on a midget Klingon whatever ship all day and nothing happens. Seriously, I can't even weaken their shields. And it's a tiny little ship and I'm a friggin cruiser. PVP is pretty darn stupid if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-14-2012, 08:41 PM
There are a trillion more options in EVE online, in building your ship and battling your buddy. I think STO is going for a more simplistic approach to appeal to a more general audience. Not saying it is better, but that's the way it is. It just sucks when you can't get the simplistic approach balanced or working correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon760 View Post
It's good for Klingons, since they inheritantly rule PVP. I certainly thought Klingon ships were a lot weaker than Federation ships because of size, technology, and power. I mean, I shouldnt bang on a midget Klingon whatever ship all day and nothing happens. Seriously, I can't even weaken their shields. And it's a tiny little ship and I'm a friggin cruiser. PVP is pretty darn stupid if you ask me.
Really you should look at your build. KDF is not as all powerful as you think. KDF does have advantages but they are easily negated by teamwork and unfortunately there is nothing cryptic can do about the poor teamwork most fed pugs have when compared to KDF pugs.