# 11
01-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Ahh, gotcha now...
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie25 View Post
When i use the Anti-proton beam gun, it takes 5-6 shots and THEN the borg adapts it. Not 1-2 shots like the MACO lol.

I think i'll stick with the anti proton, since it does more DPS than the MACO.
By 1-2 shots from the MACO Rifle, you really mean 3-6 bolts, which is about the same rate as the AP Beam gun ;-) Neither are as good as the shotgun though

Dont worry, the ground sets are being fixed with the revamp mentioned here http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=247740
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Thanks for that link. I'm just fed up with geting ***** by elites, infact! the ground missions has gotten alot harder since the patch was done.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-16-2012, 10:36 AM
I found that the split beam rifle works the best you get 3 borg with one adaption tap from the experiments I ran out in the B'tan sector before I new there was a Adaption Mod that had to be purchased.

I must note that I do play on normal so the rules may change for elite:

Plasma Grenades work the best the borg are slow so if you can hit a large group with one they will all start burning.

Its best to have each of your party members fire different weapons
Phaser
Disrupter
Plasma
Antiproton
Tetryon
Poleron

So your crew would have 4 of the six rifles listed here. Since you have two weapon slots you should have the other 2 rifles

1. Start combat by throwing a plasma grenade into the pack that would light them all on fire.
2. Use the Sec. ability of the rifle first since they have not adapted to your weapon fire.
3. Make sure someone on your team lays down a mine field so as they walk towards you they blow up.
4. By this time the borg have adapted to your rifle so switch weapons.
5. Any extra crew you can beam down helps suck up fire. Most of the time they have phasers so make sure one of the six guns you have is not a phaser.
6. If your reading step six there must be a Heavy Tac. Drone on the ground with huge Dmg Res on remodulate your weapon and keep shooting repeat steps above.

All this is by trial of fire at no point am I saying it all works. Since a guide to killing borg has not been created yet this should help.

Thanks
zevermoon
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-16-2012, 10:37 AM
My weapon does fine against Borg my Personal Shield get's taken down super fast though...a few hits and it's gone. MK XI too...
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Its really really really STUPID DESIGN

Why would any weapon designer build a weapon that increases the defensive ability of its primary opponent?

MACO 3rd burst does just that.

PLUS ... if a 3rd burst was actually needed an auto-remod circuit would seem to be a logical addition, you know the circuit already designed and used by Captain Picard's Enterprise crew DECADES EARLIER!!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie25 View Post
when i fire one shot on my maco gun, i am having to remodulate all the time lol. So i do more modulating than fighting the borg
working as intended!, this is the reason I stopped STF's, I wanted to kill borg, not hit that stupid take me out of the fight for a few seconds at a time button along side the who has what weapon game. Got really annoying really fast.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Welcome to my living hell...
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevermoon View Post
I found that the split beam rifle works the best you get 3 borg with one adaption tap from the experiments I ran out in the B'tan sector before I new there was a Adaption Mod that had to be purchased.

I must note that I do play on normal so the rules may change for elite:

Plasma Grenades work the best the borg are slow so if you can hit a large group with one they will all start burning.

Its best to have each of your party members fire different weapons
Phaser
Disrupter
Plasma
Antiproton
Tetryon
Poleron

So your crew would have 4 of the six rifles listed here. Since you have two weapon slots you should have the other 2 rifles

1. Start combat by throwing a plasma grenade into the pack that would light them all on fire.
2. Use the Sec. ability of the rifle first since they have not adapted to your weapon fire.
3. Make sure someone on your team lays down a mine field so as they walk towards you they blow up.
4. By this time the borg have adapted to your rifle so switch weapons.
5. Any extra crew you can beam down helps suck up fire. Most of the time they have phasers so make sure one of the six guns you have is not a phaser.
6. If your reading step six there must be a Heavy Tac. Drone on the ground with huge Dmg Res on remodulate your weapon and keep shooting repeat steps above.

All this is by trial of fire at no point am I saying it all works. Since a guide to killing borg has not been created yet this should help.

Thanks
zevermoon
This is almost completely incorrect. Adaptation is per player, per energy type now. If they adapt to your plasma, my plasma is just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-19-2012, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
working as intended!, this is the reason I stopped STF's, I wanted to kill borg, not hit that stupid take me out of the fight for a few seconds at a time button along side the who has what weapon game. Got really annoying really fast.
Then use high damage single bolt weapons like Sniper Rifles and Compression Pistols, Pulsewaves are also godly against pretty much anything on the ground and the way they deliver the damage makes them even better against the Borg. I use the MACO Mk XI set and it's very rare that I have to use the basic remodulator, although I keep it around just in case usually I can easily make the 15 seconds to the auto remodulator with no problems and, annoyingly, my Sci is usually one of the highest damage dealers in ground PuGs (as well as the healer and debuffer. I love PuGs!).

The weapons choice of your team is completely irrelevant outside of hoping they aren't running twin miniguns; the energy type they use has no effect on your weapons and the speed at which the Borg adapt to you.