Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I was wondering if anyone has found a way to really turn this option off. I prefer to use a manual keybind to roll, because my control habits often cause me to double-tap roll when I don't want to, and training myself to keep track of how often I push a key does not seem to be a practical solution. If I turn this option off it seems to persist for a little while, but changing maps or being revived or perhaps events which I haven't even been able to identify seem to reset this setting internally, and the only way to redo it is turn it on, then turn it back off.

I'd really like to see this fixed permanently, but if there is a workaround anyone knows of, I'd love to hear about it.

On this same note, I'm interested in keybinding, but haven't found any info on using console commands to change settings directly from text input. Could there be a command I could use to spam this setting off?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2012, 05:07 PM
THREAD NECRO!!!!

This didn't even seriously get so much as a "hmm, nyes, I suppose that is mildly interesting"?

I'm sick and tired of dodging in completely random directions constantly and getting killed for it.

PLEASE can I get a way to ACTUALLY turn this off?!?!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2012, 10:53 AM
I feel your pain. Please fix it.

I feel like Taggart in GalaxyQuest, when my honorable Captain tumbles through the Starbase...

Can't be that hard to fix, anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 02:12 PM
mmmmm... more necro.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Are you switching between RPG and Shooter mode? Double-tap to roll must be disabled in both control schemes. If not, let me know and we will investigate further.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2012, 07:53 PM
I have experienced this issue multiple times, i also made sure that my settings are correct (double tap key to roll is off in both RPG and Shooter mode).

If it's any help, this issue never occur at the start of a ground mission, it usually starts happening randomly during a fight, but it persist shortly after the fight...

The issue will go away temporarily if you open the menu and switch the option on and off again...

Hope this helps... it's irritating to randomly roll into aggro range of enemies >.<
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farktoid5000
Are you switching between RPG and Shooter mode? Double-tap to roll must be disabled in both control schemes. If not, let me know and we will investigate further.
Its a real bug and i don't think its caused by switching modes; in fact rather the opposite, switching modes makes it remember its setting for a bit until it forgets it again.

Im usually playing in RPG mode most of the time with double-tap off in both modes.. after playing a while it suddenly forgets the setting and makes me roll on double-tap.. switching to shooter and back to RPG helps then to make it remember the setting but only for a short while until it bugs again. Theres almost not a single pvp game were i don't have this bug happen.. so yea its quiete frequently atm.

Theres also a couple more ground bugs that could need some dev attention, like the one that completely freezes someones ability hotbars as in you can't shot or use any ability until you relog.. also the minimaps in pvp maps could need a fix they are useless since they are fully zoomed in and cant be zoomed out much anymore (since season5).
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2012, 10:45 PM
I never use shooter mode. I don't even have the toggle bound to a key most of the time. Part of the reason for that is the "invert camera axes per control scheme" option doesn't persist after restarting the game, but the other reason is just that I prefer rpg controls entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2012, 05:59 AM
I honestly wished the roll trigger was more consistent for me. Granted in public areas or even just out of combat mine will trigger if the game even remotely thinks I tapped a direction key twice, but when I'm actually in combat and need to roll real bad it takes four to six taps until my character finally dives out of the way.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2012, 05:31 PM
please fix 2 tap roll i hate it and its messing up game play for me