Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Please fix this, it's still doing it and still causing deaths right and left as I randomly dive in random directions and then become unable to sprint.

There's a damn good reason I turn it off and it would be absolutely amazing if it could actually stay that way.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-11-2012, 05:51 PM
bump.

I have one foot out the door.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Please fix. This is incredibly annoying and has gotten me killed a few times when I rolled into something I didn't mean to.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-12-2012, 06:44 AM
This is the same as the "Stop Moving during Dialog" option. I turn it off only to find it turned back on when I change maps. The radio button also seems to reset to the on position if I re-open the options menu after closing it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-17-2012, 04:09 AM
I'm getting tired of having to be a bad forum user to get attention.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-26-2012, 02:46 AM
Is anyone even seeing this? Can I get some sort of confirmation so I can stop bumping this dumb thread?

Several patches have gone by with bugs fixed that have far less impact on gameplay than this.

Since additional data often helps solving problems, I have recently noticed a similar behavior with the "Camera Type" option; I have it set to "Free Camera" but it will periodically behave as if I had "Follow Target" selected.

Perhaps this indicates a larger problem?
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-28-2012, 03:29 PM
I suppose I could start spamming and risk getting banned in an asinine grab for attention if that's what it takes.

How is this problem still in the game? Is the engine so esoteric as current developers cannot even modify the game?

A doctor doesn't offer a patient a pedicure if he has multiple chest wounds. Why is so much development focus on adding new features when current mechanics as essential as character movement are broken to a level where a player cannot reliably control his character?

It is pretty well-known that one of the reasons for the success of the largest MMO ever made is in the transparency of its control scheme, the intent and result being that very little thought is spent while playing on exactly which buttons are being pressed, in order to create as little entropy as possible between a decision made by a player and an action being performed by the character in game.

When a system becomes as unpredictable as a glitch of this kind would make it, this entire system breaks down, and the player becomes acutely aware of a separation between his decisions and actions within the game, i.e. loss of control.

And yet, allowing a complete breakdown on the theoretical level of human interface is preferrable to spending some time correcting what is obviously a glaring error?
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-15-2012, 04:44 AM
Im having the same Problem (as is everyone who tried to turn it off). Perhaps you should add an cstore item called 'attention' that we can buy to get attention?