Lt. Commander
# 1 Chat channels not working
01-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Ok, did try the search feature and it did not work very well.

Anyway, am a returning player with Lifetime and found a rather annoying problem when am playing either Fed or Klingon.

Chat channels, like Global, zone, local, fleet and other channels do not work. (got booted from a fleet all because could not reply or chat in fleet channel). Even my Tells are not working.

Can this be fixed, really do not want to reroll my Commander (rank 26) Klingon.

Thx

ps, even tried some of the channels found over on STOWIKI and they did not work as well. KDFassistance for example, repeatly asked for help and nothing, no replies and no conversations in the channel even though channel listed 200 users...

pps. not even sure what forum to put this post in, am learly about the support forums since they never worked and posts often go ignored by support staff.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Either am being ignored or my request for help is not being showned....

Anyway, have uninstalled the client and game that got from the download page and reinstalling the game via my digital copy from D2D (in hindsight should have kept it and also in hindsight should have never deleted those high level ships when I quit the game back in 2010).

Hopeing this fresh install would fix the chat not working thing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarion
Either am being ignored or my request for help is not being showned....

Anyway, have uninstalled the client and game that got from the download page and reinstalling the game via my digital copy from D2D (in hindsight should have kept it and also in hindsight should have never deleted those high level ships when I quit the game back in 2010).

Hopeing this fresh install would fix the chat not working thing.
Chat channels still not working, sent in a bug report/ticket. But doubt anything will be done about it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2012, 09:23 AM
They're working, you're doing something wrong apparently.

Right click on the chat window frame, check what channels are set to display, it's possible your channel subscriptions got blanked. Make sure you've selected the correct channel when you're typing and not just dumping things into local or some other channel.

Also, are you making sure you're scrolled to the bottom? If you aren't right at the bottom (which sometimes happens on its own when you log in with doff assignments complete), it won't scroll with new text.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
They're working, you're doing something wrong apparently.

Right click on the chat window frame, check what channels are set to display, it's possible your channel subscriptions got blanked. Make sure you've selected the correct channel when you're typing and not just dumping things into local or some other channel.

Also, are you making sure you're scrolled to the bottom? If you aren't right at the bottom (which sometimes happens on its own when you log in with doff assignments complete), it won't scroll with new text.
One thing missing is the scroll bar. Have no way of scrolling to the bottom of chat.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarion
One thing missing is the scroll bar. Have no way of scrolling to the bottom of chat.
Screenshots will help to make more sense out of what you're saying
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-16-2012, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
Screenshots will help to make more sense out of what you're saying
Not sure how to upload a screenshot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-16-2012, 06:05 AM
If you press printscreen, it'll take one without the UI. Type /screenshot_ui_jpg (it'll offer autocomplete options as soon as you type the /s, get the one with ui and jpg and you're good) and press enter.

This will go in your Cryptic Stuidos\Star Trek Online\Live\Screenshots folder. By default he Cryptic folder will either be in c:\program files, c:\program files (x86), or c:\users\public\games, depending on your windows version, you can right click>properties on the shortcut on your desktop or start menu and click Find Target or Open Containing Folder to find out exactly where. Upload it to imageshack.us and copy the forum template it gives you, paste that back in a post here.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
If you press printscreen, it'll take one without the UI. Type /screenshot_ui_jpg (it'll offer autocomplete options as soon as you type the /s, get the one with ui and jpg and you're good) and press enter.

This will go in your Cryptic Stuidos\Star Trek Online\Live\Screenshots folder. By default he Cryptic folder will either be in c:\program files, c:\program files (x86), or c:\users\public\games, depending on your windows version, you can right click>properties on the shortcut on your desktop or start menu and click Find Target or Open Containing Folder to find out exactly where. Upload it to imageshack.us and copy the forum template it gives you, paste that back in a post here.
Ok, well it will not let me upload the screenshot from my system, kept getting a upload errors. And frankly do not trust imageshack, especially when you have to make a account just to upload stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-16-2012, 12:13 PM
You don't have to create an account. The upload widgit is on the front page of the site with no authentication.

An account lets you get different link templates, but it's easy enough to just make those yourself and you don't need them in this case regadrless.