Lt. Commander
# 1 Holy crap, I'm back!
01-14-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm sure no one remembers me, but I kept saying that I was only in this game until The Old Republic came out. Now I'm doing the unthinkable: activating subscriptions for 2 MMORPGs at the same time. Go figure.

The truth is that I just got a stereoscopic 3D monitor which can't do 3D in SW:tOR, but can in STO. So I re-activated my account (however temporarily) mostly to check out what this game looks like in stereoscopic 3D. Of course, I canceled my subscription before they implemented the duty roster stuff, so I'm sure I'll have a lot to check out.

Anyway, hello again, everyone!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfea View Post
I'm sure no one remembers me, but I kept saying that I was only in this game until The Old Republic came out. Now I'm doing the unthinkable: activating subscriptions for 2 MMORPGs at the same time. Go figure.

The truth is that I just got a stereoscopic 3D monitor which can't do 3D in SW:tOR, but can in STO. So I re-activated my account (however temporarily) mostly to check out what this game looks like in stereoscopic 3D. Of course, I canceled my subscription before they implemented the duty roster stuff, so I'm sure I'll have a lot to check out.

How cool! I was able to test STO in 3D at a con last year - it was SO fun! Welcome back!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2012, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfea View Post

What the heck are you talking about I got 3D working fine on STO & SWTOR... work prefectly. I do get travel sick tho whilst on the dam speeder.... LoL
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiitastic View Post
What the heck are you talking about I got 3D working fine on STO & SWTOR... work prefectly. I do get travel sick tho whilst on the dam speeder.... LoL
Are you using nVidia's 3D Vision technology?

I ended up going for a cheaper LG monitor that uses TriDef, which doesn't work with SW:tOR right now.

It took me a while to get stereoscopic 3D working with STO, and it required a downgrade of IE, but I finally did it and the game looks gorgeous!