Lt. Commander
# 1 Annoying CRC problem
01-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Technical Details: File read from disk has bad CRC. Veryifying Files in the launcher may fix the issue:
Animation_Library/STO_Female/Stofem_sexy_idle.atrk:20

WHat i have done so far:
Verified files
Deleted texture.hoggs (all three)
Deleted bin.hoggs (all three)
reinstalled with the launcher

Was able to enter game for less than 30 seconds, then crash back to windows with same error.

Does anyone else have an idea of what I can do. I seem to have these CRC problems frequenlty, all are toon wardrobe issues in the past and reinstall of texture.hogg worked. I am not sure if this retarded "sexy fem" file is wardrobe or not.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-16-2012, 08:54 AM
That file you indicated is part of the Seductive pose for female characters, and has the animation routines for that pose, if I remember correctly.

Have you tried completely removing STO and reinstalling? If you have, this sounds like a failing hard drive.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-16-2012, 02:01 PM
certain antivirus programs will corrupt the hogg files on downloads (like panda2011)
also you can have problems if the game is installed in the program files folder on win7 or vista systems.

if the hogg files are continuing to get corrupted then need to look and other things that can corrupt them
1. weak wireless connection
2. failing or bad memory
3. weak or failing cpu
4. bad or failing harddrive.
5. weak or failing power supply ( will affect cpu and hard drives)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2012, 07:29 AM
What i have found is that the x86 i have is the culprit. I had to move files a different folder, forgot where now, but if anyone has similar problems contact me and I will try to help with what helped me.