Lt. Commander
Any chance we could get a fourth 'window' labeled Community Authored added to the main Missions/Calender pop-up?

Right now we have the big three shown when the 'hail' button on the mini-map is pressed - Episodes, PvE, and PvP with their respective 'Hail/More', 'Volunteer', and 'Attack' buttons underneath. (Plus of course, the Calander under those showning Events.)

Right now all Community Authored material is hidden under the small 'Available' tab at the top, then hidden again in a small tab - at the bottom no less - of the list at the side of the next window.

It's a shame that so much content - a really good portion of it being amazing stuff - is buried so deeply. The Foundry and it's missions are a shinning point for STO...HOW ABOUT SHOWING IT OFF?

I'd love to be able to hit the Hail button, see a nice picture of an away team on some strange world in a new fourth window (Community Authored), and hit the 'Explore' button underneath....to suddenly have a list of HUNDREDS of missions available to me pop on screen.

Doesn't this sound like a good idea to help show off and help promote one of the best features in the game?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2012, 10:06 PM
I've got to agree. Right now Foundry content is really hard to access, too hard to access, imo.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2012, 02:06 AM
i would like to see a fourth box on the main page. the foundry while not unique to games is a special feature of this game and should be promoted as such.

if not on the front page then give the foundry its own tab at the top so its much easier to find.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2012, 03:19 PM
also please add a transwarp button for foundry missions. why would people want to play our missions scattered all over the map?

especially since u cant leave the computer and fly to another location because sector space is still divided into blocks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2012, 09:01 PM
I agree that right now it feels a little, "Oh yeah, by the way, if your not doing anything else... you can always check out the foundry."

I wouldn't say it's hard to access, but you got a real gem here and a lot of quality authors. Some forefront or a nice box somewhere on page one would be a good choice.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-377 View Post
I agree that right now it feels a little, "Oh yeah, by the way, if your not doing anything else... you can always check out the foundry."

I wouldn't say it's hard to access, but you got a real gem here and a lot of quality authors. Some forefront or a nice box somewhere on page one would be a good choice.
Agreed.

With the drought of official content going on, the Foundry is a godsend (especially missions like the ones created by the posters above - awesome stuff!).

If it were put on the 'front page" so to speak, it might make it feel more like mainstream content approved by Cryptic for play as opposed to it's 'closet' status now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Back and to the left... It's like trying to find the basement in a museum. :p Offend in chat i see "How can I play foundry missions?" With the revamp of leveling options and interface, most people don't go to the Available Missions tab let alone it's subsidiaries. I kind of feel like a teenager Smoking behind the gym or better still kissing. Please Mr Cryptic can we please hug in public.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueEnterprise View Post
I've got to agree. Right now Foundry content is really hard to access, too hard to access, imo.
I agree. Adding a foundry window to the main contact starfleet window would be a great addition.

The big problem for me is that there is no clean solution for making Foundry Missions more accessible, and make it easier to find missions.

One of the problems is that the 1-5 star rating is great for quality, but ultimately it is very limited for personal preference.

Adding different rating categories seems like a great option, but then you run into the problem of who decides on these optional ratings? If you force everybody to choose these ratings the majority will simply select the default setting, and thus skew the ratings.

So, what if on mission complete we had an optional section for selecting ratings in different categories. These would be simple ratings, yes or no. The categories would be something simple like story, combat, challenge, etc. These are entirely optional, so a simply skipping the rating will not factor in to the overall rating of the mission.

Now when a player goes to sort missions, they can also select say, "Combat Challenge" and when sorting missions with a higher combat challenge rating will appear at the top. The rating will be generated entirely by the ratio of yes/no and players who simply choose to ignore the detailed ratings will not factor in.

This would allow a player to filter by various categories, such as: Story, Serious/comedy, combat, long/short, and so on.

This may however be more work than it is worth as far as development time is concerned.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-23-2012, 05:27 PM
I think that they should also change it so that on the main Foundry tab, the first 5 slots are reserved for randomly highlighted missions (obviously if you search it goes away, but by default it would show some random missions).

A mission could be highlighted for a day, and then another one takes the spot, or it could be just random each time the person opens up the mission browser. Obviously, you'd need to have it so that the mission has to have a minimum of 3 stars to be highlighted, so that we can weed out all of the real crap.

The problem right now is that it's great being in the top few spots, but after that plays drop off very quickly. If you drop below 4 star average, good luck ever getting your mission played.