And Fonzy.

As The Fonz.
THIS. MAN. RULES.
Lt. Commander
# 102
01-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losbullitt View Post

Maybe the new series can have a little of Caprica, BSG, TNG, DS9 and Desperate Housewives all into one, featuring guest roles by:
Gordon Ramsey as Chef
George Clooney as Admiral Clooney
Ben Kingsley as Older Picard
Carrie Underwood as Lynn Minmei
Tobey Magwuire as Spiderman
I can see one or two issues there that CBS might object to.

for one thing Toby no longer wants to play spiderman. you got to think these through first.
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Looking back and seeing what Braga and Berman contributed to Trek after DS9, most of it wasn't pretty. But I do have a fondness for "Someone to watch over me" and most of season 3 & 4 of Enterprise (Manny Coto could've saved Enterprise had it not been for, again, that **** show channel that ENT was on).

With that being said, I think we could use a really good new and improved trek with a ton of bonus features and interactivity beyond the television.
Ooh, you mean the phenomenon of "webisodes?"
Lt. Commander
# 104
01-16-2012, 08:57 AM
There's no way CBS does this.

They're not going to do a TV series based on the JJ-verse so long as the movies are still being knocked out. If, at some point, they wrap up the movies, then maybe.

And they're not going to do a TV series based on the prime universe at all. That ship (you should pardon the expression) has sailed.

You MIGHT get some kind of animated thing done in conjunction with JJ/Orci/Kurtzman/Lindelof, but other than that...ain't happening.

This is non-news.
Lt. Commander
# 105
01-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
There's no way CBS does this.

They're not going to do a TV series based on the JJ-verse so long as the movies are still being knocked out. If, at some point, they wrap up the movies, then maybe.

And they're not going to do a TV series based on the prime universe at all. That ship (you should pardon the expression) has sailed.

You MIGHT get some kind of animated thing done in conjunction with JJ/Orci/Kurtzman/Lindelof, but other than that...ain't happening.

This is non-news.
And with all this doom and gloom, you're name is "cheer?"
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Looking back and seeing what Braga and Berman contributed to Trek after DS9, most of it wasn't pretty. But I do have a fondness for "Someone to watch over me" and most of season 3 & 4 of Enterprise (Manny Coto could've saved Enterprise had it not been for, again, that **** show channel that ENT was on).

With that being said, I think we could use a really good new and improved trek with a ton of bonus features and interactivity beyond the television.
"Press Red on your remote now to aid Captain Fonz against the Mugato."

redredredredredredredredredred
Lt. Commander
# 107
01-16-2012, 09:04 AM
I would really like a Titan AE/Firefly style Star Trek re-jig.

Earth has been destroyed and the Federation lies in ruins. The core races have been scattered to the winds and the Alpha Quadrant is burning to the ground. .... enter our heros...
Lt. Commander
# 108
01-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
I would really like a Titan AE/Firefly style Star Trek re-jig.

Earth has been destroyed and the Federation lies in ruins. The core races have been scattered to the winds and the Alpha Quadrant is burning to the ground. .... enter our heros...
And I'm sure if there's a bridge console on the fritz, Captain Fonz can fix it with one swift slap of the palm.

"Aaaayyy"

Cue commercial break.
Lt. Commander
# 109 true
01-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
To be fair thou, the Enterprise-J was not necessarily part of the "Prime timeline", as the timeline shown had been seriously compromised by events during Archer's time period. Most notably, the influence of the "Sphere Builders" seemed to have stretched out across the entire galaxy by the time of the Enterprise-J. And we all know, that Archer and the NX-01 managed to defeat the Sphere Builders, and the "expanse" dissipated shortly thereafter.

It is therefore reasonable to assume, that anything that should happen by the 26th Century, will undoubtedly be different from what we saw in the 'Azati Prime' episode. We only saw one possible outcome. As evidenced by episodes such as 'Parallel's, or the JJ Star Trek movie, there are a multitude of parallel realities.
i agree... clap ....+1

i donīt write more cause im not confortable writin in this language sorry

traduzcan el juego leches!
Lt. Commander
# 110
01-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojo86 View Post
And with all this doom and gloom, you're name is "cheer?"
It's not doom and gloom. It's a realistic knowledge of how the business works, and how the owners of major properties exploit them.

The movies will always rule. They won't do anything that possible cannibalizes the film audience, or introduces confusion.