Lt. Commander
# 131
01-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Both CBS and Paramount made statements that they wont prosuce a new star trek series or movie before 2013. I have checked with their press reps. and they have confirmed this.
Lt. Commander
# 132
01-18-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraziyk View Post
Both CBS and Paramount made statements that they wont prosuce a new star trek series or movie before 2013. I have checked with their press reps. and they have confirmed this.
okay, so now we know that they are not planning anything offically until the next star trek movie is done but I heard that they are planning what three moives?
Lt. Commander
# 133
01-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Personally I'd love to see a new Star Trek series on TV. While it might be confusing to viewers, I'd prefer that they keep the movie and television continuities separated.

Just watching TNG on Netflix really makes me miss Star Trek, even if DS9 and Voyager traditionally frustrated me. (And for the record, Enterprise was better than people give it credit for )
Lt. Commander
# 134
01-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Officially their isn't any contracts signed for the movies. But I do know there are three or four scripts for J.J Abrams based trek movies. But only one is confirmed by the studios. That would be the script of the first J.J. Abrams movie, that we've already watched.

If anyone has any questions, let me know I can call up the rep. at CBS or paramount and get it answered for you. Or at least try. I'm a journalist for a few news sites, including my own news blog. So I can typically call in and talk to a Press Rep.
Lt. Commander
# 135
01-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Officially their isn't any contracts signed for the movies. But I do know there are three or four scripts for J.J Abrams based trek movies. But only one is confirmed by the studios. That would be the script of the first J.J. Abrams movie, that we've already watched.

If anyone has any questions, let me know I can call up the rep. at CBS or paramount and get it answered for you. Or at least try. I'm a journalist for a few news sites, including my own news blog. So I can typically call in and talk to a Press Rep.
really, if you could, the only question we want really answered is, will/is there going to be another/new star trek series?? Set in the primeverse.?
Lt. Commander
# 136
01-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
really, if you could, the only question we want really answered is, will/is there going to be another/new star trek series?? Set in the primeverse.?
The question is where would you go in the primeverse? As great as TNG and its spin-offs were, I think that generation killed any future the primeverse had. They also left it in a place where it would be difficult to make a TNNG because of all the time traveling.
Lt. Commander
# 137
01-18-2012, 02:33 PM
I have tried asking this question before. Their Press Reps. won't confirm to much on a new series. Other than what I said before, about 2013. Personally the feeling I get is, that yes their is something in the works. But what? I don't know, nor do they want to tell anyone.

In my experience with these studio types, when they won't talk about it, that is a backwards way of saying yes. Don't hold me to anything. But that's my personal opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 138
01-18-2012, 02:36 PM
As for what universe it would be set it, again I'm not sure. I know that Fosters new series, if their is truth to it is set in the original star trek universe, and ignores the new revamp movie completely.
Lt. Commander
# 139
01-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
The question is where would you go in the primeverse? As great as TNG and its spin-offs were, I think that generation killed any future the primeverse had. They also left it in a place where it would be difficult to make a TNNG because of all the time traveling.
That generation killed Offf, ya right, it wasn't tng and the other series star trek would have probely gone down hill and it has been a very long time since a tv series was set in the era so i think it will be good starting point, bring in the new people to the franchise while keeping the old fans still interested and the story going.
Lt. Commander
# 140
01-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
I have tried asking this question before. Their Press Reps. won't confirm to much on a new series. Other than what I said before, about 2013. Personally the feeling I get is, that yes their is something in the works. But what? I don't know, nor do they want to tell anyone.

In my experience with these studio types, when they won't talk about it, that is a backwards way of saying yes. Don't hold me to anything. But that's my personal opinion.
hmmm, interesting, i won't get my hopes up, but i'll keep my fingers crossed.