Lt. Commander
# 141
01-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Exactly. Hope but don't hold your breath.

However if they do start up a new show for the series. I hope it isn't related to the movie. Personally I liked the voyager, TNG, etc. universe more than the revamped-verse. But that's just me.
Lt. Commander
# 142
01-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Note: I am a trekkie, have been a trekkie for a long time and in no way am saying we should stop doing tv shows entirely. With that being said...

I don't think going in the direction of the nuverse would be a bad thing. A lot of trekkies I've talked liked nuverse and to be honest, probably wouldn't mind a nuverse saga provided that it was developed in the lines of TNG, DS9, etc.

I understand why the older group, like me, prefer prime-verse because a lot of us grew up on it. God knows I did... DS9 is by far my favorite show but spent 14-15 years on TNG and DS9, roughly half my life. Do I want to see those stories continue? Well yeah, of course. But if the series has run it course, if there is really nothing new to add to the universe then let it go.

The great thing about this universe is that people can come back to it, tell a new or different story, change an angle, a thought, and boom, you've just created an entirely new direction for an episode, arc, series, generation.

It takes time. We're a spoiled generation. From TOS to TNG, there was decades between the show. Then from TNG to ENT, almost 20 years of episodes... Let it rest for a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 143
01-19-2012, 01:31 AM
I'd love to see a continuation of the timeline in which Vulcan has been destroyed, (young) Kirk is captain of the enterprise, and the destruction of Romulus and Remus is still imminent. Either that, or the Birth of the Federation, where Enterprise left off...Failing that, more DS9 please.
Lt. Commander
# 144
01-19-2012, 01:54 AM
Personally I'll be happy just to see star trek series again. Don't get me wrong I loved the new star trek movie and can not wait for the next one. Having saying that I think they should keep going like that with the movies and with the tv series continue on where voyager/nemesis left off. Still have a new crew etc but in that timeline. Enteprise was getting good and I can not believe it was cancalled speically after what I found out with they were planning to do in the next series and to the ship herself. Your right that the need to take a break now and again. But in the media industry from what i learned that they always/most of the time have a plan. Wish they would just keep the fans in the loop. You know say what they are going to do either there is a new series or no more.
Lt. Commander
# 145
01-21-2012, 06:48 AM
I was browsing the star trek formns today becasue I'm bored out of my mind as usual and found something interesting over there.

http://filmverse.wordpress.com/2011/...-return-to-tv/
Lt. Commander
# 146
01-21-2012, 03:29 PM
I dunno about 80 years but considering how Prime was affected and that it created an alternate timeline...

the Enterprise coming into 2395 on the "march to 2409"?
Lt. Commander
# 147 Spam
01-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Is that your website you posted?
Lt. Commander
# 148
01-22-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
Is that your website you posted?
What are you talking about!?, if you mean the website I posted. Take a look again, the articale is under another name.