Lt. Commander
# 41
01-15-2012, 06:34 PM
If there was to be a gimmick in a new series, how about a "man out of time" premise?

Maybe similar to what happened to Scotty?
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
You laugh but I still think it would be a huge coup for Cryptic (and something you'd get Wil Wheaton to play along with) if we had a fight where we get to kill Mirror Wesley or an Undine Wesley impersonator.

I personally see Mirror Wesley as intriguing, in that it's quite probable that Picard killed his father and had relations with his mother... and he's a boy genius who probably grew up in slavery or rebel camps.

So, the way I see it, Mirror Wesley would probably be this cackjling hermit who is one part Hamlet, one part Luke Skywalker, and one part GladOS from Portal.

I'd really dig an STF that's a giant death trap with Wil Wheaton going over the top with taunts as we attempt to solve his ingenuous puzzles and death traps, culminating in a fight where we take him out.

Been sayin' it forever: get us Mirror Wesley in game. :-)
Hmmm, an STF where you get to kill Wesley. I get the feeling it would become the most played STF ever? EVER?
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-15-2012, 06:48 PM
To be fair, Wil Wheaton is totally awesome, and I'm sure the writers would be alot more careful with his characterization if by some miracle he was in a new series
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevn
To be fair, Wil Wheaton is totally awesome, and I'm sure the writers would be alot more careful with his characterization if by some miracle he was in a new series
Is that you Wil Wheaton?
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Come on, we were all idiots as teenagers. I'm sure Wesley matured as he aged. He could have turned into an awesome officer for all we know.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-15-2012, 06:58 PM
A mozart of our time.
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-15-2012, 07:02 PM
A true hog of Epicurus's herd.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Come on, we were all idiots as teenagers. I'm sure Wesley matured as he aged. He could have turned into an awesome officer for all we know.
Actually, Wesley was the exact opposite of an idiot. He was Wonder Boy. He had virtually no faults and was often the guy who saved the day. On a starship. Amongst highly trained, experienced crew members. Wesley was hated because he was Mr. Perfect Kid.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Wesley Crusher: The stuff in which the likes of atoms have never seen before.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
I'm in the minority that thinks Wesley MIGHT HAVE matured but I think Wil Wheaton plays a great heel on The Guild and Eureka. That coupled with some people's irrational hate for him makes me want to see him play an evil Wesley who trolls the anti-Wesley brigade in-game.