Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 The New Tutorials?
01-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Does anybody know, at all, when the new Fed-Side and Klingon-Side Tutorials will be in this game? I would like to know. Thanks, in advance!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2 The New Tutorials?
01-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeWarrior2552
Does anybody know, at all, when the new Fed-Side and Klingon-Side Tutorials will be in this game? I would like to know. Thanks, in advance!
Sorry about this! The thing made me, for some odd reason, repeat my initial post!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Possibly for the free to play launch.

Don't take my word for it though as I actually didn't know they even had a Klingon Tutorial. For me it was always "Here you go, your a Klingon now, you already know how to play the game as you had to get past the Federation tutorial to get a Klingon, have fun!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-15-2012, 08:36 AM
The Fed side is already in the game. No real idea about the Klink side. I'd imagine sometime around Season 6.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The Fed side is already in the game. No real idea about the Klink side. I'd imagine sometime around Season 6.
That is a hell of a long time. Wow. Well, let's hope that most of the F2P are federation lovers and not Klingon obsessed. A F2P launch that is missing a proper space tutorial for the only other available faction in the game isn't a good idea.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
That is a hell of a long time. Wow. Well, let's hope that most of the F2P are federation lovers and not Klingon obsessed. A F2P launch that is missing a proper space tutorial for the only other available faction in the game isn't a good idea.
They need to write Mission Content for 20 levels of Klingon play. It Mission Content were easy to make STO would be flooded with it rather then having people constantly begging for it.

As far as whether or not it's a good idea: it's been 2 years already. Another 6 months won't make that much of a difference. For most FTP games it's about turnover and turnaround rather then people constantly only playing 1 game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The Fed side is already in the game. No real idea about the Klink side. I'd imagine sometime around Season 6.
I think they meant the non-Vega colony related tutorial. rumor was it that they were supposed to make the current tutorial part of a new STF and that they would make a completely new tutorial.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
They need to write Mission Content for 20 levels of Klingon play. It Mission Content were easy to make STO would be flooded with it rather then having people constantly begging for it.

As far as whether or not it's a good idea: it's been 2 years already. Another 6 months won't make that much of a difference. For most FTP games it's about turnover and turnaround rather then people constantly only playing 1 game.
The problem with their F2p model is that neither free content or c-store content is coming quickly enough to make people want to buy stuff continually stay with the game. The c-store prices need to be cheaper, and Cryptic needs to start bundling stuff more often. Otherwise, I don't see the Cryptic Store doing phenomenally well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
I think they meant the non-Vega colony related tutorial. rumor was it that they were supposed to make the current tutorial part of a new STF and that they would make a completely new tutorial.
I have not heard any such statement from a Dev. I've only ever heard it spread via fans.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
The problem with their F2p model is that neither free content or c-store content is coming quickly enough to make people want to buy stuff continually stay with the game. The c-store prices need to be cheaper, and Cryptic needs to start bundling stuff more often. Otherwise, I don't see the Cryptic Store doing phenomenally well.
The C-Store has plenty of items for new players in it. Between ships, costumes, etc there must be close to 50 items available; and that's more then enough to last most people just coming into the game quite a long time. It's taken most of use 2 years to acquire all those items. I doubt FTPers will do it in a week.

As far as C-Store pricing, it's consistent with other FTP games. A horse in the LotRO will run about 1,995 TPs, which is about $25.00. That's more then what an end-game ship currently runs in the C-Store so I'm not really seeing cost inconsistencies with similar games.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:07 AM.