Lt. Commander
# 11
01-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
Yeah, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Again, thanks for the feedback.
Hey. I'm just honestly curious as I never tried to set my fleet costume to offduty and this is the first I've heard of returning players losing anything. Might still be worth a ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I don't recall them mentioning that with the spare costume slot.
They bluntly said that subscribers would never lose anything already unlocked. That would include the costume slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangelo
For those of you not familiar with the difference between Gold (subscriber) and Silver (non-subscriber) membership, you can refer to the features matrix. The most important fact is that previous subscribers can jump right in and play their existing characters with no extra steps and no loss of anything they previously gained for their characters.
Source
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
They bluntly said that subscribers would never lose anything already unlocked. That would include the costume slot.

Source
Gold=Subscriber
Silver=Non-Subscriber

If you stay subscribed (Gold account) you lose nothing. If you go the free route (Silver account), then you lose stuff. That is what that link states and Gold didn't lose anything. Only Silver did. Switching to silver will cause you to lose inventory slots, a character slot, and a costume slot.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.CHRONIC
Gold=Subscriber
Silver=Non-Subscriber

If you stay subscribed (Gold account) you lose nothing. If you go the free route (Silver account), then you lose stuff. That is what that link states and Gold didn't lose anything. Only Silver did. Switching to silver will cause you to lose inventory slots, a character slot, and a costume slot.
Based off of what has been 'bluntly stated', I'm not sure your comment is accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Inventory slots by rank for gold players:

* Ensign - 42
* Lieutenant - 42
* Lt. Commander - 48
* Commander - 54
* Captain - 60
* Rear Adm., Lower - 66
* Rear Adm., Upper - 66
* Vice Adm. - 72

Bank slots by rank for gold players:

* Ensign - 48
* Lieutenant - 48
* Lt. Commander - 60
* Commander - 72
* Captain - 84
* Rear Adm., Lower - 96
* Rear Adm., Upper - 96
* Vice Adm. - 108

A silver player that has never been gold will have the ensign values (42 inventory, 48 bank). A silver player that was previously gold will have the number of slots for whatever rank they were at the time they converted from gold to silver.

Both gold and silver players can buy an additional 36 inventory slots and an additional 48 bank slots from the C-Store. The only way to get the maximum number of slots (108 inventory, 156 bank) is to buy all the slots available from the c-store, and have had at gold subscription while also being at VA rank. Pure silver players can't just buy more slots in the C-Store to make up for the slots they don't get by never having had a gold account.
Quote:
You only accrue days towards veteran rewards when you have an active subscription. Any veteran rewards you have already earned will still be accessible if you cancel your subscription and convert to silver.
Quote:
Silver accounts that had previously been subscribers(gold) will retain the character slots, boff slots and foundry project slots of gold accounts. Characters of such accounts will have the extra inventory slots due to rank up from whatever their last rank as a gold player was,

Lt. Commander
# 15
01-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Gold=Subscriber
Silver=Non-Subscriber

No, that's about the welcoming of old subscribers, new Silver players.

If you go Gold at any time you are supposed to retroactively gain ALL the benefits of membership and keep them forever. And if you've been Gold you retain any bonuses that unlocked.

That was what the Devblog stated, and Rehpic reiterated. That was why there was a huge kerfuffle, because it was yet another blow that devalued Gold subs (in so far as maintaining them).
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Gold=Subscriber
Silver=Non-Subscriber

It is confusing because they were saying that you lose nothing when you unsubscribe. However, it's no longer clear if that applies to everything.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik

Based off of what has been 'bluntly stated', I'm not sure your comment is accurate.

Looking at that, they don't explicitly mention costume slots.

I suppose I can understand that as losing costume slots won't break a character and isn't terribly inconvenient for Cryptic to revoke whereas the oither stuff could break a character and would be inconvenient to revoke.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
Wow, that was awesome of Cryptic to whack one of my costume slots for going Silver. Now I 'only' have two left...lol. Such punishment. Thanks for the clarification.
Even IF this is the case, I belive you were thinking of it wrong when you wrote this...

If you purchase Slot options (uniform, bank, inventory, BO slots, and char slots) you will have spend less money on this than one month subscription (if memory serves)... So it is more of an investment, than a loss...

It's like selling a brand new car, getting the same model (but used) and upgrading it for less the price than the new one cost.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Looking at that, they don't explicitly mention costume slots.
They don't need to.
"...no loss of anything they previously gained..."
With that statement they don't have to explicitly state that costume slots are included, they'd have to explicitly state that costume slots were excluded because they already offered a blanket statement that covered them.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Did you expect to keep the same things you had with a sub after canceling it?
Check the F2P matrix, the uniform slots are the same for both Silver and Gold players