Lt. Commander
# 1 Science Consoles
01-13-2012, 09:42 PM
So looking things over it appears that they've completely redone the science consoles and the page on the STO wiki no longer applies. Does anyone have a comprehensive list of all currently available science consoles and what they do?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2012, 08:11 AM
I don't have a list for you, primarily because I don't use them all. However, a great source of information can be found in the game itself. Look at the info for the console...then go to your skills and look at your science space skills. You can generally match a console to one of those skills. Thus you could argue that a certain console increases that skill for you.

However something to remember is that they have split some things up...

Particle Generator -- Increased "Damage" Power of Gravity Well & Tykens Rift
Graviton Generator -- Increases "Pull" Power of Gravity Well & Tykens Rift
Shield Emitter -- Increases Shield Systems Power such as Sci Team or Extend Shields
Collimator -- Increases Drain from Tykens Rift or Tac Beam
Sensor Probes -- Increases Sensor Power for detecting cloaked vessels as well as scramble sensors, jam sensors
Biofunction Monitor* -- adds crew resistance

*Don't know if this is actually what it is called, but its close...

Anybody else want to add to this???
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAlaska
I don't have a list for you, primarily because I don't use them all. However, a great source of information can be found in the game itself. Look at the info for the console...then go to your skills and look at your science space skills. You can generally match a console to one of those skills. Thus you could argue that a certain console increases that skill for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlava646 View Post
Thanks, it looks like the changes aren't as major or as useless as I originally thought; Flow Capacitors = Deflector Dish = affects Tachyon beam and so forth.

Still...