Lt. Commander
We will be bringing down Holodeck on Tuesday, January 17th from 8:00AM to 10:00AM PDT (1600 to 1800 UTC) in order to perform maintenance and apply a new patch. We will provide an update once the maintenance has been completed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-16-2012, 02:05 PM
The title of your post says you are doing maintenance today but the body says it is tomorrow. Guessing it's a typo
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
We will be bringing down Holodeck on Tuesda.....
I really think you should say that Holodeck is the live server. I had to go and look it up and it'll mean *nothing* to the influx of F2P folks. Naming things is all well and good but it's really not clear what they mean. There's no other mention of Holodeck on the Launcher so it's a little bit WTF when the notices come up on there...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davejb_ie
I really think you should say that Holodeck is the live server. I had to go and look it up and it'll mean *nothing* to the influx of F2P folks. Naming things is all well and good but it's really not clear what they mean. There's no other mention of Holodeck on the Launcher so it's a little bit WTF when the notices come up on there...
i do think that it should be said more on the site itself. but it is the name of the button on the launch program that you have to click on at least on mine it says Live (holodeck) i have tribble also so it may only say two differnt things for me
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2001
i do think that it should be said more on the site itself. but it is the name of the button on the launch program that you have to click on at least on mine it says Live (holodeck) i have tribble also so it may only say two differnt things for me
Mine just says Launch for me, even with the latest to allow Perfect World customers in. It's nothing major really, just mildly confusing!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPanix
The title of your post says you are doing maintenance today but the body says it is tomorrow. Guessing it's a typo
It's just how their system works actually. It automatically puts the date that they submit it on in it, not the date of the actual downtime :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-16-2012, 03:12 PM
I've always thought that Holodeck should be the name of the test server, given that Holodecks on the show were simulations, and the test server is, well, a simulation.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Here's hoping for a fix for the annoying mission popups when I log on to a toon are fixed along with clikck to go to Gamma Orionis that puts me in the Battle Group.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPanix
There was maintenance today and there is again tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 10 You are joking right?
01-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Let me get this straight...17th January 2012 (tomorrow), I'm sure something (special) is happening that day...

(Thinks hard...)

Oh yes, STO is relaunching as STO-Free To Play. So what do the masses of new customers find when they come to try the game out? Yes that's right, its down for maintenance...on LAUNCH DAY no less.

I understand that maintenance needs to be done (there sure are plenty of things to fix) but on LAUNCH DAY???

There are times when I find it hard not to believe that at least one person in authority at Cryptic wants this game to fail!

PS to those talking about the "Holodeck" thing, I believe you only get the named "holodeck" button in your launcher if you are also subscribed to the test server (Tribble), if you are not, it just says "Launch". As was mentioned by another poster, it is not very clear to a newcomer what "Holodeck" refers to, as its not mentioned anywhere prominent...very cryptic.
Closed Thread