Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
PWE_BranFlakes Brandon Felczer
@
@anazonda Yap, just what I thought, no notes because no game changes
From twitter when I requested patchnotes from BranFlakes.

My response:


Quote:
anazonda
@
@PWE_BranFlakes But but but... I am addicted to patch notes... C'mon... I need my fix xD
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
No one's forcing you to be here. That's part of the advantage of a free game and free will.
Glad that you proved my point.

The point being that no one will be allowed to moan about anything because its a free game.
Well it might be for new players but i have spent 230 on it since launch on just subs so i think i have a right to complain that bugs are still here.

Like i said welcome to the world of not being allowed to complain or at least them giving less of a crap than they have over the last 2 years.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzed View Post
Glad that you proved my point.
Actually that wasn't your point at all. Perhaps you should reread what you typed. It had nothing to do with people not being allowed to say what they feel.

I suppose the difference between you and I is that when I don't like something I simply move on to something I do like. I don't sit around dwelling and complaining about the things I don't like. Only a fool sits around purposely doing something they dislike. At a certain point in time it becomes the individual's responsibility to take charge of their own actions.

STO is what it is: an average game built for average MMO players. If it's not for you then stop making yourself miserable. There are too many games to play for anyone to play a game that makes them unhappy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
As they've already said, it was back-end work. No patch notes as nothing in-game was changed.
No offense, I do wish however that when people say things like "As they've said," that they would provide a link to their source material.

I am sorry, I do not revolve around the forums nor do I have spare hours in the say to be spent searching for something on a game's forum that should be contained in patch notes somewhere on their web site (dare I say, Release Notes), no matter how minuscule. Nor do I have the time to look for things that people "proclaim to have been said" by someone on the internet without providing any hints to the validity of their proclamation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Ah. Found it.

The text about the actual patch didn't show up in the dev tracker, and by the title that just looked like another thread *****ing about the amount/scheduling of maintenance, no mention of patches.
Would you mind sharing the link to this post that you found? Thanks!

Never-mind, I eventually found it as well: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...9&postcount=24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Hi Captains! While there is a patch today, there are no notes to release, as there was no in-game changes This was all back end work. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

STO Management: Please, post all notes on Patches in the Release Notes section, no matter how minuscule they may seem to be to you. Even if it is only to say "Back-end work, classified." Not only does this give a visual reference to potential new and returning customers that you're are serious about fixing things, it also shows that you care about informing your consumers about the fixes to your game. On top of that, it will help to quell silly threads like this from people like me who just want to keep informed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
No offense, I do wish however that when people say things like "As they've said," that they would provide a link to their source material.
No offense to you either but it's not mine, or anyone else's job, to keep you appraised of what's going on - especially when you're not even the one who asked the question. Since my answer was essentially volunteered work I can choose to present the answer however I wish. If you don't like my answer you can simply choose to wait for a reply you do like. It's really just that simple.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
No offense to you either but it's not mine, or anyone else's job, to keep you appraised of what's going on - especially when you're not even the one who asked the question. Since my answer was essentially volunteered work I can choose to present the answer however I wish. If you don't like my answer you can simply choose to wait for a reply you do like. It's really just that simple.
If you cannot back up your statements, or won't - then one should not be posting such statements. But meh, this is a selfish world we live in where we're all happy to take but when it comes to giving, especially by request, greed shines though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
If you cannot back up your statements, or won't - then one should not be posting such statements.
Could you please provide a link to the official Internet Rules you seem to know so well? I must have missed them in my last 25 years of being on it. I'd love to read them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Could you please provide a link to the official Internet Rules you seem to know so well? I must have missed them in my last 25 years of being on it. I'd love to read them.
"Should" is the not same as "Unable," "Disallowed," and but not limited to "Illegal". "Should" is often a part of a statement of opinion.
Here's a link: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/should
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
Free Will is OP. I don't know why God ever developed it.
It was balanced in patch 2 with the government system :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
Would you mind sharing the link to this post that you found? Thanks!
No problem... It's post #24 by PWE_BranFlakes.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 AM.