Lt. Commander
# 1 pve/pvp
01-16-2012, 03:52 PM
I dislike pve and I don't know why I have to play pve for gear. I would like to see PvP set gear that you must pvp to obtain.

Pvp needs more content before pvers we have been waiting for real content and features for two years!

1000 cpoints this ends up in pvp forum and getting ignored soon after.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-16-2012, 03:55 PM
I never pvp so i hope you dont have to pvp to get things.

If you want pvp eve is the better game for that by far. Sto is more of a pve experience.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-16-2012, 04:01 PM
pvp is a major part of the season 6 update in june. i for one believe that it being advertized as a major selling point for season 6 it will be delivered. post your ideas for what you want to see IN PVP in the pvp forums. meaning don't just say you want more pvp content. theres so many systems and content that can be pvp.

they promised a ground combat revamp in season 4, we got it, they promised foundry, we got it, i see no reason to doubt pvp as a major point of season 6. especially since pvp does not require much asset creation but only design and code.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post

If you want pvp eve is the better game for that by far. Sto is more of a pve experience.
So you're essentially saying PVPers should get nothing...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
I dislike pve and I don't know why I have to play pve for gear. I would like to see PvP set gear that you must pvp to obtain.

Pvp needs more content before pvers we have been waiting for real content and features for two years!
So you dislike the idea of exclusive gear being relegated to stuff you don't want to do. And your solution to that isn't to suggest that a method to obtain it be introduced (like have this stuff be available for Dilithium, or BoE as opposed to BoP so you could pick it up on the Exchange), but instead it's to ask for more exclusive gear that's exclusive to what you like so that someone else can make this thread about wanting that gear but disliking the content that has to be played to get it.

So I guess the question is:
When do we get the Exploration Cluster Grind-specific gear set?
When do we get the Rolepaying-specific gear set?
When do we get the Exchange Gaming-specific gear set?
When do we get the C-Store Shopper-specific gear set?
When do we get the specific gear set for each Commendation category?
The Tribble Tester-specific gear set?
The Gold User-specific gear set?
The Silver User-specific gear set?
The... *sigh* ...
Maybe we shouldn't relegate stuff to specific content rewards. Make it all available for Dilithium, or as drops, and at the end of a PvP match give players a random loot reward to ensure potential access there too.

Speaking of which, remember when worthwhile, usable, non-vendor trash, non-exclusive money disguised as "salvage" used to exist as drops in MMOs? Why don't we have that here?

Oh yeah, that's right.... it's tough to monetize random drops...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:

Troll bait. Anyway, I hope I don't have to pve to get gear oh wait I do.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-16-2012, 04:17 PM
I dislikes STFs. The game should allow me to get the STF gear by doing the solo PvE missions I like. It's not fair I can only get those items from doing STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:

So? Doesn't mean PvP should get nothing, especially since, done properly, PvE gear will be mroe effective in PvE and PvP gear will be more effective there. So, if you don't want to PvP you won't miss the gear thats tailored to that kind of play right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
pvp is a major part of the season 6 update in june. i for one believe that it being advertized as a major selling point for season 6 it will be delivered. post your ideas for what you want to see IN PVP in the pvp forums. meaning don't just say you want more pvp content. theres so many systems and content that can be pvp.

they promised a ground combat revamp in season 4, we got it, they promised foundry, we got it, i see no reason to doubt pvp as a major point of season 6. especially since pvp does not require much asset creation but only design and code.
Yeah, and they were late, buggy and the foundry's been on and off. Also, theres an awful lot thats been promised, including PvP content, thats never seen the light of day, thats where this "believe it when I see it" attitude comes from.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-16-2012, 04:25 PM
I'd like to see a PVP ship/ground set. Why not? STFs get 3. FE's get 1. And Crafting gets 1. So I see no reason for there to be 1 missing for PVP people.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:

Why would you care about a PVP set if you don't PVP, exactly?

PVP does need its own set, but if they make the deflector a piece of junk for science like the other 6 sets, I will say no thank you.