Lt. Commander
# 141
01-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Someone probably spilled there Earl Grey on the server. lol
I hope they really hurry this is pretty much my only game time for the next few weeks
Lt. Commander
# 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_DarkWolf View Post
Now watch the forums overload and crash since we're all here raising hell.
I am shocked that this is working!!
Lt. Commander
# 143 Will it launch on time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
Holodeck is down for emergency maintenance. We are currently addressing the issue.

It appears to be an auspicious pre-launch for F2P... Oh well, I guess we live in an Imperfect World
Lt. Commander
# 144
01-16-2012, 04:55 PM
I just looted 2 prototype borg salvage in a row.... wondering why it was like that....
Lt. Commander
# 145
When the power goes out, you call the electric company...or pay your bill. When the tv goes out, you call the cable company...or pay your bill. This is life, nothing is stable 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. I often wonder about the state of the game and then it make me wonder about the people playing it. This is a game. true, a game that means alot to many of us, but still a game maintained by a group of people whose job it is to keep us entertained. They make mistakes, no piece of hardware or software is 110% reliable and it is ashame that people do not simply appreciate the other 22 hours a day they give us to entertain ourselves and take 2 hours to do something to enhance that experiance. This may be an error but it is still only for a limite amout of time, not another 24 hours, not for 3 days and the game still exists. This game was destroyed by people whining and crying because they can't do what others players do. Yet, we are all still here playing? why? Me, because of my fleet...you, i have no clue. When i do not like something i do not deal with it. Why come on here and ***** and moan because you, 1 individual, out of thousands are not getting exactly what you want? I don't get everything I want out of life but I'm happy that I am alive. You as an individual should be happy you have a game to play, something to take you away from the harsh or not so harsh realities you have to deal with when in extended afk. The servers are down. This is not the first time and will not be the last. Are you going to cancel your subscription because the server prevented you from getting a datachip or putting the finishing touches on a ship you just acquired? I do not get it. I do not understand why the staff at Cryptic are still there because if I had to deal with a bunch of grown people crying for colder milk and warmer tea and not being able to occupy there time doing another activity for a few minutes or hours, then I would have been disheartened and left to get a job that afforded a little more appreciation for all the time and effort I put into something for someone else's benefit. I stayed away form the forums and this is why. there is no information here i cannot get from players ingame or through common sense. There is no reason to come ona forum for positivity about something you cherish because the other 99% of the people in it are so negative towards themselves and others. Why not just wait til te servers come back up and ***** about it ingame like you do all day anyway. Guess why all the F2P people will leave after nothing but negativity about the game, content, and staff running it are all that's in the chats. Think about the state of the game now and remember that comment you wrote 9 months ago that suggested they do something to better your experience in it and when you finally get it you hate it and find something else to moan about. As for me, when the server comes back online, I will do what I always do and be there fo rmy fleet and friends ingame and I will not waste any more of my precious time reading about how other people are ****ed off because of something that was obviously out of someone else's control.

The server is back up, now go play crybabies
Lt. Commander
# 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashric View Post
What I really don't understand, is the people on this forum thread that are complaining about F2P. I get the impression listening to you folks that you need to feel elite some how and if you can look down upon Silver accounts you will feel better. Finally when is the last time you ran a public MMO in any capacity above 40,000 people, sometimes players need to sit back and realize there is more work behind the scenes that just Hitting R to go faster and SPACE to pew pew.
Personally, I look forward to F2P. Yeah, the server issues are going to suck for the next week or two, but once that's straightened out, things will be better. More people means more teams, which in turn means people will be getting through the harder missions (Such as Terradome, and the ground STFs). I look forward to helping new folks learn the game.
Lt. Commander
# 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
He's probably a subscriber. He's just burnt out on the game and the company. But he continues to post here (And probably plays, too). So he still supports the company. Makes no sense to me.
and they say common sense isn't common anymore... there is hope yet, but you still have further to go on your analysis.
Lt. Commander
# 148
Its Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 149
Hmmm ... first chance I've had to log in for months & I wanted to check out the new Duty Officer thing & as I'm buying new 100 Slots Server Crashes ... guess now I know why STO went Free to Play.
Lt. Commander
# 150
01-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmorpheus View Post
When the power goes out, you call the electric company...or pay your bill. When the tv goes out, you call the cable company...or pay your bill. This is life, nothing is stable 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. I often wonder about the state of the game and then it make me wonder about the people playing it. This is a game. true, a game that means alot to many of us, but still a game maintained by a group of people whose job it is to keep us entertained. They make mistakes, no piece of hardware or software is 110% reliable and it is ashame that people do not simply appreciate the other 22 hours a day they give us to entertain ourselves and take 2 hours to do something to enhance that experiance. This may be an error but it is still only for a limite amout of time, not another 24 hours, not for 3 days and the game still exists. This game was destroyed by people whining and crying because they can't do what others players do. Yet, we are all still here playing? why? Me, because of my fleet...you, i have no clue. When i do not like something i do not deal with it. Why come on here and ***** and moan because you, 1 individual, out of thousands are not getting exactly what you want? I don't get everything I want out of life but I'm happy that I am alive. You as an individual should be happy you have a game to play, something to take you away from the harsh or not so harsh realities you have to deal with when in extended afk. The servers are down. This is not the first time and will not be the last. Are you going to cancel your subscription because the server prevented you from getting a datachip or putting the finishing touches on a ship you just acquired? I do not get it. I do not understand why the staff at Cryptic are still there because if I had to deal with a bunch of grown people crying for colder milk and warmer tea and not being able to occupy there time doing another activity for a few minutes or hours, then I would have been disheartened and left to get a job that afforded a little more appreciation for all the time and effort I put into something for someone else's benefit. I stayed away form the forums and this is why. there is no information here i cannot get from players ingame or through common sense. There is no reason to come ona forum for positivity about something you cherish because the other 99% of the people in it are so negative towards themselves and others. Why not just wait til te servers come back up and ***** about it ingame like you do all day anyway. Guess why all the F2P people will leave after nothing but negativity about the game, content, and staff running it are all that's in the chats. Think about the state of the game now and remember that comment you wrote 9 months ago that suggested they do something to better your experience in it and when you finally get it you hate it and find something else to moan about. As for me, when the server comes back online, I will do what I always do and be there fo rmy fleet and friends ingame and I will not waste any more of my precious time reading about how other people are ****ed off because of something that was obviously out of someone else's control.

The server is back up, now go play crybabies
What a wall of text
Closed Thread