Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-17-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
After the match, I started getting /tells from the guy, telling me (and likely the others) that if we didn know how to do STF's we should stay out, followed by a series of very childish insults.
I see this all the time in PuG Elite STFs - comes with the territory - everyone thinks they know the best way of completing it and invariably you lose the optional almost immediately. I only run Infected Space on Elite now 'cause at least you know you'll finish it (as long as nobody bails).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12 Never Ever Do A Pug Elite
01-17-2012, 03:38 AM
Simple answer, only do Elites with friends or Fleets. This gives time to create a team before hand, carry out the briefing if required. I would never ever do a pug on Elite, my time is precious and I am not going to waste it knowing that some of the STFs can be failed and receive no reward at all. As for getting the optional on Elite with a pug, LOL.

I enjoy going with pugs on normal, there is enough time to brief people in game and with 2 or 3 good players the bad guys can be carried especially in space. I like to teach and help people learn, but Elites are not the place for doing that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-17-2012, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AegisPrime View Post
I see this all the time in PuG Elite STFs - comes with the territory - everyone thinks they know the best way of completing it and invariably you lose the optional almost immediately. I only run Infected Space on Elite now 'cause at least you know you'll finish it (as long as nobody bails).
If you want to know who's good at the Elite STFs, look for a specific title: Honor Guard Commander or MACO Team Commander. Those players popped all the elite optionals and that title is in my opinion a sure fire way of knowing that said players know the drill. I know the issues of PuGs, had them as well for a while untill me and some other people said enough is enough and made our own private STF channel.

I've even seen PuGs on normal that don't know what a remodulater is... or who think it's an excellent idea to use a Bat'leth or pretty sword to melee the Borg 24/7 and can't figure out why they're getting assimilated so much. My advice; stick with people you know or look for the proud displayers of the Commander titles, you'll know those people are good in STFs then.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-17-2012, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
If you want to know who's good at the Elite STFs, look for a specific title: Honor Guard Commander or MACO Team Commander. Those players popped all the elite optionals and that title is in my opinion a sure fire way of knowing that said players know the drill. I know the issues of PuGs, had them as well for a while untill me and some other people said enough is enough and made our own private STF channel.

I've even seen PuGs on normal that don't know what a remodulater is... or who think it's an excellent idea to use a Bat'leth or pretty sword to melee the Borg 24/7 and can't figure out why they're getting assimilated so much. My advice; stick with people you know or look for the proud displayers of the Commander titles, you'll know those people are good in STFs then.
I would second this but add the title MACO Team Specialist and the Klink version, these guys have got all the optionals on normal and have a very good feel for the game. Personally I have not seen a MACO Team Commander titled player yet although there must be some out there. Still in a pug it does not help much as you don't see those titles until you are in it, too late!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-17-2012, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
If you want to know who's good at the Elite STFs, look for a specific title: Honor Guard Commander or MACO Team Commander.
Are these titles awarded with the Mk XII sets? I'm just wondering 'cause I'm a M.A.C.O. 'Veteran' and trust me, you don't want to be following my instructions - the difference between grinding EDCs on normal STFs and trying to complete Elites is huge - they may look the same, but they're entirely different animals (I think that's the mistake most PuGgers make - they just think it's gonna be harder whereas in reality it requires different tactics too).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-17-2012, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AegisPrime View Post
Are these titles awarded with the Mk XII sets? I'm just wondering 'cause I'm a M.A.C.O. 'Veteran' and trust me, you don't want to be following my instructions - the difference between grinding EDCs on normal STFs and trying to complete Elites is huge - they may look the same, but they're entirely different animals (I think that's the mistake most PuGgers make - they just think it's gonna be harder whereas in reality it requires different tactics too).
No, they are awarded for achieving the optionals, MACO Team Specialist is for achieving optionals on Normal and Team Commander for achieving them on Elite. Veteran only means you have got all the gear, not that you know how to do them properly, you may have just been lucky or only ever done Infected Space and you can still be a MACO vet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-17-2012, 04:04 AM
Personally, I think queuing for a random Elite should require having a full Mk X or XI gear set in ground or space as appropriate and then the Mk XII drop rates should go up or be available in a store form for people who have Mk XI gear first.

In general, I think it would be good to raise droprates and lower costs but make it so that getting each gear set from the store requires owning the previous set (you could still get drops, though) so you'd have a feeling of progression rather than the skilled players skipping to the end and the regular players trying to skip steps or grind endlessly to keep up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-17-2012, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
Most of the players that have no idea what to do on Elite STFs don't vist the forums.
Heck ... They run normal STFs and are just as clueless there as well. Don't even care for advice on who to do it right.

:::: shakes head sadly after facing three on three different occasions yesterday alone.

And something I've come to realize is that I'm betting we have an influx of newbies in STF right now because of the early F2P access.

Think of what is yet to come with the gates opening today.

But ... hopefully ... things will settle down again after a time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-17-2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Personally, I think queuing for a random Elite should require having a full Mk X or XI gear set in ground or space as appropriate and then the Mk XII drop rates should go up or be available in a store form for people who have Mk XI gear first.

In general, I think it would be good to raise droprates and lower costs but make it so that getting each gear set from the store requires owning the previous set (you could still get drops, though) so you'd have a feeling of progression rather than the skilled players skipping to the end and the regular players trying to skip steps or grind endlessly to keep up.
Not a bad idea. ... Sort of a progression as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-17-2012, 05:36 AM
@OP:

if you are already at the point of complaining now, just wait till the F2P crowd hits the Servers.

it will only get worse from here.

Gozer can ignore us old subscribers, but Cryptic won't be happy when the CASUAL F2P crowd starts ragequitting over these missions.

Something will happen, the question is what. (cryptic never exactly reacts the way you want them to...)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:25 PM.