Lt. Commander
# 21
01-17-2012, 08:33 AM
So much negativity.

In a year, STO will still be going. New stuff will have come out. Players who enjoy it will be playing, players who didn't enjoy it will have moved on. Forums will still be talking about what's going to kill the game next.
Thus is life.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
So much negativity.

In a year, STO will still be going. New stuff will have come out. Players who enjoy it will be playing, players who didn't enjoy it will have moved on. Forums will still be talking about what's going to kill the game next.
Thus is life.
As long as somebody stops petting the hamsters. :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
So much negativity.

Thus is life.
Why am I not surprised, I seem to remember you posting somehting in the Champs forum that mentioned how all forums like this. They're not, there's always discontent but not always this much and it's this bad for a reason.

Like I say, I'm not surprised, STO is set to become a small cog in the PWE machine, rathe rthan a great game in its own right, thats just how PWE operate.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
So much negativity. For these boards, that's normal

In a year, STO will still be going. New stuff will have come out. Players who enjoy it will be playing, players who didn't enjoy it will have moved on. Same as last year, same as the year before and the same as the year after next
Forums will still be talking about what's going to kill the game next. Doom sayers need a hobby and something to pick on, I'm honoured they stuck around to pick on STO... it shows it still has life in it

Thus is life.
Why does this board not see a quote as part of your message and word count it?

/more than 10 char... happy now message boards !!!!
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
So much negativity.

Thus is life.
Can you blame us for the negativity? The mission content drought has taken a toll on this playerbase, and we're confused on whether or not you guys understand that we want MISSIONS to play far more than new ships or 100CP lottery boxes.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
So much negativity.

In a year, STO will still be going. New stuff will have come out.
We can only hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
Why am I not surprised, I seem to remember you posting somehting in the Champs forum that mentioned how all forums like this. They're not, there's always discontent but not always this much and it's this bad for a reason.

Like I say, I'm not surprised, STO is set to become a small cog in the PWE machine, rathe rthan a great game in its own right, thats just how PWE operate.
Feel free to provide some examples of ones that are significantly different. Personally, I was amused to see the "same old negativity" on TOR's forums as everywhere else, despite the fact that it is one of the highest quality games I've played.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-17-2012, 08:48 AM
A year from now? Still playing $TO. The game will still be around for sure.

It won't be terrible.

It won't be amazing.

It'll just be a good F2P game for people to play.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-17-2012, 08:51 AM
A year from now I doubt this game will exist anymore due to CBS pulling the license.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-17-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
From a year from now I doubt this game will exist anymore due to CBS pulling the license.
They have no motivation to do so. They were already going to allow 2 Trek MMOs to exist at once before Infinite Space imploded, so they obviously werent concerned about competition like LA seemed to be with having 2 SW MMOs. As long as this game is around CBS is making money off of it, and some money > no money.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-17-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
We can only hope!

Feel free to provide some examples of ones that are significantly different. Personally, I was amused to see the "same old negativity" on TOR's forums as everywhere else, despite the fact that it is one of the highest quality games I've played.
You know how to use Google. I don't remember FF14's boards being this bad and tha was arguably a huge fail at launch. Difference is Square recognised the problems and released a raodmap outlining how they're going to make the game better. DCUO was nearing this level a few months after launch but it is significantly better now. A smattering of PWE-esque companies (Aeriagames, gPotato for example) and even PWE's own boards aren't this bad. Lotro boards are reduced to arguing about canon more than significant deficiencies of the game.

Theres a few. Or are you going to take his lead and pretend the problem doesn't exist when you dismiss the opinions of people you dont agree with as nonsense?