Lt. Commander
Hi folks,

Been offline for some time now and re-subscribed to find many things have changed and some things have not. Last time I was online was for the release of the Reman Feature Episode and obviously new features have been intergrated (Dilithium Exchange) and other things have remained the same (lack of new feature episodes as an example only).

In your own opinions, how do you feel about STO at present? Has it moved forward, Taken steps backwards or stayed on a level par? Are you enjoying the content at present, are the new items easily achievable and stimulating?

I'm currently un-decided as i'm still getting to grips with the new changes. This thread is for you to have your views and express your opinions so please feel free to divulge your feelings, no matter how risky or politically incorrect (No bad language obviously). You will not be judged for your opinions
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2012, 03:51 AM
Welocme back .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_StarStalker
In your own opinions, how do you feel about STO at present? Has it moved forward, Taken steps backwards or stayed on a level par?
While you can hear all sorts of opinions on this subject , STO has mostly stood still for ... 11 months , and that is close to a year .
There are reasons and excuses , but neither matter .
STO will slowly begin to move forward this year once more , but further development will take time (partly because they are still trying to meet a goal set for this game : two full factions , equally full of content ) .
No one has any idea how the F2P launch will go (tho ther are many theories :p) .

Quote:
Are you enjoying the content at present, are the new items easily achievable and stimulating?
I pleed the 5th .
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2012, 03:56 AM
lvl'ing and upto VA, yes

now VA... No, not really... its gotten boring and stale very quickly
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonesamurai View Post
now VA... No, not really... its gotten boring and stale very quickly
I will say that my main reason for dissapearing was an increased work schedule but hitting VA did play a part. Hopefully we'll see good things in the near future as I don't want to continue investing vast amounts of money into a game I can get no further on.

Obviously you can start the klingon faction, have extra characters, take part in diplomacy and duty officer assignments but when you've done those your just flying around looking for a deep space encounter that MAY be a bit of a challenge or crafting and earning silly amounts of EC's.

Maybe an advance on leveling, increase to 70? I know that there would be certain things to consider with this but may give all the level 50's bit more to do as all I see in sector space is VA's and very few lower levels.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2012, 04:43 AM
When i finally finish all main quest missions i will let you know.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_StarStalker
Has it moved forward, Taken steps backwards or stayed on a level par? Are you enjoying the content at present, are the new items easily achievable and stimulating?
it has moved forward in some areas (user interface, functions, visuals maybe)
it has taken steps backwards when it comes to the C-Store (pets, tribbles, weapons item set are now PER CHAR), Tier 3 Excelsior and Nebula are now C-Store while they were free before.

content... has taken 3 steps forward and 3 steps back
forward: revamped STFs, story missions level to your level (and are therefore a bit mor challenging)

backward: you level so fast now that you WILL have problems keeping up with Items, if you only play DOff system for a week or two you might find yourself outgunned by NPC's.

Economy updates (dilithium!) are awesome and were a slap in the face at the same time.
30% of the currency of ALL players has been removed for no reason and 0,78% of the super rich had up to 60% removed *to level the playing field*
yet i find it super awesome what they did with the dilithium exchange, buying C-Points from other players for spend ingame time (dilithium) is just awesome.

2011 was a big content drought, nothing since the Romulan FE
we already got the news from the new Excecutive Producer that 2012 will only bring 2 - "maybe" 3 new FE's. So it seems the "content drought" is the default schedule now. Many are not happy about that.

They keep saying that they want to bring the KDF faction into a state where it can start from level 1 again (right now it's locked at level 25).... but we heard "KDF content is coming" for 2 years now, we are still waiting.

I started another KDF toon starting at level 25, with DOff system and the faster XP rate,
that char was at Endgame in no time.
Not fun... i didn't even finish the story missions before i hit Endgame.
The worst joke is that cryptic expects F2P Players to grind thousands of Dilithium for their next ship, by the time they've got their dilithium they will have no need for it any longer because they already need the next bigger Ship.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
2011 was a big content drought, nothing since the Romulan FE
we already got the news from the new Excecutive Producer that 2012 will only bring 2 - "maybe" 3 new FE's. So it seems the "content drought" is the default schedule now. Many are not happy about that.
I have to agree with this. A lot of users expected more content than what we have now. Don't get me wrong, the current missions are great for your normal run of the mill game. But this isn't just a game, it's an MMORPG. The content has to grow and continually evolve to keep gamers interested.
We don't all understand the pressure that the Dev's go through creating half the stuff we have here but on other MMORPG's you see more content, higher levels etc. why is STO different from these when it comes to updates and content? Confused is an understatement lol
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-17-2012, 07:21 AM
STO is still in BETA....soooo
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-17-2012, 07:44 AM
at present STo has devolved for me down to logging in, doing my Doffs then logging out, and in cases like today, not even that, I'm not sure I want to deal with the "hordes" of new F2P players......
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-17-2012, 08:13 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry, there's about 3 or 4 things in that title that make me laugh

K, I'ma grab my jumper and pipe and be serious for a bit.

Depends on what you were expecting. If you were a PvPer, STO never even troubled expectations, much less kept up with them with all the vapid nonsense Stahl spouted that never amounted to anything. Around the middle of last year we had the "great content drought" which persists even now, though they have managed a few drizzles here and there, however D'Angelo's plans look set to continue on this path, but he calls it an "Epic Win" so I suppose theres no reasoning with him. As for quality of in game lofe, we had P2W, grab bags and now the new STF gear requires and draining grind with the best stuff entirely based on LUCK to get, you might never even see some of it! Add to that Dilithium which not is a stupid concept for a currency in a Trek Universe but is also not the "Time based" currency it was touted to be since you can only get it through grinding dailies again and again and again while the time you spend doing other things doesn't net you any DL (not exactly what I'd call a time based currency). Can't respec in game now either, cash only! And you'd better be a 600 day vet if you want that VA ship tokenyou used to get. Crafting went backwards, now requiring DL, meaning the already basic system is basically a new vendor with discount coupons. The foundry is standing still as nothing has been added, well thats not entirely true, it fell over for a few months but I wouldnt call that progress. Another "bright idea" was ot push a half finished skill revamp live so payng customers could betatest it, whether they wanted to or not!

I could go on but I think that will do for now.

There has been a shining light, the DOFF system but it's not enough to cover over the rest of the issues.

The changes of late, the plans for the future, STO isn't even going to bother competing, if your expectations were a great game that could keep up with other leading western F2P games, forget it. If all you wanted was to pay for everything while being drip fed minimal content updates, happy days.